FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I just bought a 1997 Maxum boat/Force 120 OB with the aforementioned control. It seems fine except that, while one can shift in to reverse, one can not accelerate (i.e. the throttle cable actuator arm inside the unit remains stationary, and the handle won't move past the reverse shift arc). One...
I have a 1998 Evinrude Ficht 150 that I would like to make into a 175. Unlike in past models, where carburetion and exhaust tuning changed to get extra HP, the parts lists for these 2 motors appear the same EXCEPT for the ECU (and decals). Does anyone know how to reprogram the ECU (I.e. "hack"...