FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I acquired my first tinny, 18' Fish Master, after a quick glance I knew the transom needed replaced. I have done glass boats, so figure "no problem". Pulled the outboard off and all the rest. Behold all I needed was a vacuum and a putty knife and the old transom was out, it just fell apart. I...
Ok here's the deal. A friend bought a boat with no clue of what he was getting into. The wiring is trash, either rotten or missing. I've never worked on a motor this old. Its a Evinrude mod# 60532. Got most figure out from the manual except. Where the ignition coil wires connect to.
This is not my year!!!! I was wondering is there any way to repair the teeth on a flywheel. I have a small section of about 10 teeth that have worn down just enough to slip when the starter is engaged.
Thanks
Ok the local shop told me may starter is no long made. I have found one online and order it. My question is.... Is the only differance the teeth count between some of the starters. Mine is Mariner part# 50-86976 with 9 teeth. I can't give the ser# or mod# of the motor it self. The plate is...
Ok I bought this motor at a auction. Number plate is missing, I can tell you its a Merc/Mariner V-6 with no EFI. Guessing 150 to 200hp late 70's earily 80's anything I could check to narrow it down more?
Thanks