FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 2006 OptiMax 90hp with less than 500 hours. the bottom cylinder is not firing and I’m at a loss for what to do. It barely starts and doent want to fire. When running its very rough, lots of smoke and gas sheen on the water. Ive unplugged the coils on each cylinder and the bottom...
Running a 21'4" suncrusier pontoon with 2006 optimax 90hp (2.33 gear ratio). Estimated weight is 2100lbs based on the current 2019 models.
Origial prop is stainless powertech 13pitch 13.5 diamater. Runs 21.3mph at 6500rpm
Tested today with a aluminum stock mercury prop 15" pitch. Diamater...
I have a 2006 optimax 90hp. I’m working thru a rough idle issues so it does in gear sometime. When it does I’m stuck “in gear” and it won’t start. I have to go from forward, reverse way to many times to get to neutral to start. Sometimes I’ll kill it in neutral and still have issues starting...
need some help on a 1997 evinrude 115. Recently rebuilt carbs and did some general tune up. Helped with most problems but now I get a stall and sometimes dies when I accelerate. If a accelerate really slow it panes and runs great. Idle is ok, not great but it works. Starting is a little hard...
I have a 97 evinrude 115. It was having trouble starting, smoking and surging/ stalling in the last few months. I assumed it was a carb issue because I run ethanol and keep fuel in the tank year round (boat stays in the Water). I pulled it out the lake, rebuilt the carbs, capped the vro oil...