FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hello there
Well, I believe the steering line snapped last night, resulting in a tow off the lake. Sad day, but nice people helped me out.
I am going to replace the cable, because I don't have $475 and the two weeks to wait the dealer wants to replace it. Iboats lists cables for about $110...
Hello
I have a 99 182 Crownline with a 190 hp 4.3 Merc Alpha one outdrive. The boat came to me with an aluminum 3 blade 14 inch 23 pitch prop which I promptly gouged out on my maiden voyage. The prop has a bronze splined insert, if that helps with the style. I have been reading up on props a...
Hello
I have a 99 182 Crownline with a 190 hp 4.3 Merc Alpha one outdrive. The boat came to me with an aluminum 3 blade 14 inch 23 pitch prop which I promptly gouged out on my maiden voyage. The prop has a bronze splined insert, if that helps with the style. I have been reading up on props a...
I have a 1999 182 BR Crownline with a 4.3 carb Merc. I bought used last fall. The question I have is when I have key on (not start), there is a tone. I know there are three alarms (which sound different) and also a low voltage alarm. My friend has a 95 that does not do this. I have a new...
Hello. Trying to get a used boat I bought last fall seaworthy. I had a clicking from the slave solenoid on a 4.3 99 Crownline with a Carb. When key was in the on position, it would also make a low warning tone. Ran a bunch of checks and then found the battery would just not hold a load...
Hello there. Wanted a boat all my life finally bought a used last fall. Winterized it, topped with fuel before and used Stabil. Boat cranked and fired up, but did not give power so I suspect water sep filter probably needs to be replaced. While messing with that, the boat would not crank...