FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I bought a boat with OMC controls and the big orange/red multi pin plug, that hooks to the motor, has been cut off.I found a used plug and spliced it in.All the wires were the same color except one. Hookep up a 1984 28hp Johnson and battery. It cranks over good but no spark. any suggestions...
I have a 79 evinrude 150hp that hasn't been started in 3 years. When we try to start it, it turns over very slowly. Loosen a few plugs and it spins over nicely. It is a good new battery. Do I have a bad starter? Thanks
I have a boat with omc controls and the big orange female multi pin plug has been cut off. I just purchased a 1984 johnson electric start engine that has the multi, male, 7 pin plug. What is the best way to wire this up? All I want is to be able to crank and run it. Is it possible to direct wire...