FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
With a spark tester I am getting no spark on the two starboard cylinders. engine runs but is hard to start and boat never gets to full speed
Switched power packs, no change
Switched ignition coils, no change
Found a bad rectifier, replaced it with no change
Spark plugs are new, I also double...
Thought maybe I could get away with slapping a 140 evinrude on the back of my 1979 15 ft 3 inch long "trihull" Cacci Craft.
Boats made out of Tampa and from my research (mostly from posts on this forum) the company went under in the 80s/90s and seems they just do furniture now
I like the boat...
Just picked up an older evinrude 140 that I thought was gonna go a lot faster than 23 mph on a 15.5 ft cacci craft (old trihull kind of shape)
Other noticable symptoms seem to be maybe incomplete ignition? It sneezes loudly sometimes when I'm trying to start it
Also can't really get the boat...
Re: weird 48 spl issue, rough idle/dies at full throttle after 15 mins of strong runn
edit:was able to use to cross reference part number from existing power pack to find a new one, if anybody has any opinion on whether or not this power pack is the best fit for my engine then let me know as it...
i have a weird issue with my (i think 1988) johnson 48 spl. i bought the boat used and i'm thinking the previous owner couldn't get this issue sorted out, explaining why he wanted to sell the boat
he said he replaced the impeller already, so i don't think the engine is getting overheated at...