FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am looking for input as to why my engine is backfiring. This occurs at idle and full throttle, however more frequently at higher rpm's. There is not a steady time spacing between the backfires. The motor sounds good and runs well at idle and full throttle with exception of the backfire. The...
I am in the process of restoring a 1963 28hp Johnson and found a crack in the housing of the lower unit. Because of the age I cannot find the part, and was wondering if anyone would have it, or even a parts motor I could purchase to complete the restore? I look forward to you responses.
Thanks...
I am in the process of restoring a 1963 28hp Johnson and found a crack in the housing of the lower unit. Because of the age I cannot find the part, and was wondering if anyone would have it, or even a parts motor I could purchase to complete the restore? I look forward to you responses.
Thanks...
I purchased a 14' 74 mfg fiberglass boat recently and there are a few drilled holes in the transom from 3/8" to 1/16". There is also a chip the size of a nickel and 1/16" deep on the bow which will sit below the water. What should I use to fill the holes. Below is a link to an epoxy at...
I just purchased a 74 mfg fiberglass boat with a 63 28hp Johnson RX 11A motor. From what I have found online these were not electric start, however this one is and has a pull start also. Does anyone know how/why? Also the person I purchased it from did not run it at all last year, but did a...