FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have gutted my boat and about to tear the transom apart, replace bulkhead where the old inboard was, replacing the floor, and building hull rails to add strength cause i removed the upper hull permanently. I need to figue out the best way to wetdown matting as i lay it. can i wet down the part...
I have a old renken that I've gutted and making a open fisherman with. Originally it had a inboard out-drive. somewhere along the line someone took out the inboard and sealed it off and added a offshore mount to it. the transom portion of it will need new wood and they also made a bulkhead in...
Just bought a boat that we are converting to a open fisherman. of course living on the florida gulf we have to go a ways out to actually catch decent size fish. I was looking at GPS/ chart-plotters and bout fell out of the seat when i seen the prices. My question is, has anyone used the apps...
Ok, bought this boat to restore and make into a open fisherman. it already has the offshore extension on it going trough the transom and onto the stringers. I have a 90 horse long shaft engine for it and looks to be too long. I've looked for a short shaft but non to be found at this point so my...
I just bought a cheap Renken boat a 19' and going to gut it, replace the floor, and open up the front to make a open fishing boat. going to make my own center console but the rub rail has me a little baffled, as far as a replacement anyway. Have looked at the conventional replacement rail but...
I have a older (1970's) 16' Bonito v hull with a evenrude vro 90. yes, i think it's a little over powered. would adding a hydro foil and trim tabs make it easier to control? I know the weight of the engine makes the back end sit low and upon take off i have to ease into it to try to be able to...