FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hello,
I have a 1986 sylvan with a 1986 Mercruiser 3.0L 140HP and an Alpha One (Gen 1) outdrive.
Last week when I was on the water I noticed that I was overheating a bit at idle. Whenever I increased the RPM?s the temp would shoot back down to the normal operating temp in the 120?s-130?s...
Quite a specific question but here it goes. Just looking for some input on a fuel pump I recently bought. It is a sierra style mechanical fuel pump part# 18-7278 for my 1986 mercruiser 3.0 140hp. My old fuel pump did pump fuel but was all gummed up with junk and had a small tear in the middle...
I have a 1986 mercruiser I/O and recently had troubles stalling. A mechanic looked at it and tried to tell me i needed a new carb. I bought a rebuild kit for $70 compared to $800 for a new carb, rebuilt the carb and she starts up great.
She idles fine when i have the throttle control at the...