FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Re: Ngk bpr6efs Weirdness! resolved.
Re: Ngk bpr6efs Weirdness! resolved.
I have found the solution, thank you NGK USA for speaking with me.:
HEI equipped engines requiring a .045" gap must use bpr6efs 11. The 11 denotes an extended gap architecture.
They come pre-gapped at .044"...
While still trying to solve my high RPM issue.
I'm going to try another set of spark plugs.
I noticed that Don S does not like Champion plugs!! So I bought
NGK BPR6EFS, to replace the Champion RS12YC.
These guys come pre-gapped at ~.030", my boat specs at .045" (5.7GSi PEFS) (Vortec Heads)...
Re: 2004 Volvo 5.0GL raw water pump leaking from weep hole. Only 101 hours.
In that case remove the impeller housing, and spin the rear plate, if the bearing hasn't been damaged by salt water (noisy/rough), you can replace the seal. Did mine last June...
Volvo Penta 5.7 GSi PEFS
Testing out the system as I'm trying to diagnose a lack of power/misfire/exhaust backfire above 2500 RPMs.
It's not the S.L.O.W. circuit, knock sensor, and oil sensor are disconnected.
CTS resistance checks out on bench test. 10K on ice, 2K body temp etc.
Both...