FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hey Guys! I Have a 1975 Mercury 1500 Inline 6. While replacing the timing belt I removed the stator and the wiring crumbled. Apparently this was the original stator! I purchased a used stator (part #174-4793) for about $100 bucks. The difference is both wires off the replacement Stator yellow...
Can anyone tell me where i can find a distributor for this motor? One of the three wires going from the distributor to the ignition box corroded and broke off right at the face of the housing with no length of wire to repair it. Going crazy trying to find one less than $500! Thanks!
Hello. I have a 1975 mercury 1500 mounted on a 1982 procrft 1700 bass boat via a DI Turbo Jack jack plate. The power trim tilt unit has only two cylinders (one port, one starboard). I recently bought this boat and haven't gotten all the kinks worked out yet. Last time on the water, the boat...