FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
1970 mercury 800 80hp.
I replaced coil and still no spark.
Not sure what to check next or how expensive its going to get. There are a few wires that need replacing and I plan on replacing them but was going to do that once i figured out how to get spark.
thank you
Ryan
I tested 3 out of 4. got 120, 121, 120.
I couldnt get it into the 4th.
Questions:
Can I just buy a elbow and screw it in to test compresssion or is there a trick I am missing?
Do I need to check it since top 3 seem good?
thank you
Ryan
I have a 1970 mercury 800E 80hp.
Problem 1 : New plugs,battery and gas and sprayed either and nothing. tested plugs and no spark. When turn key the flywheel spins pretty fast and the starter gets warm.
Plan: I got a SELOC book and an OHM meter and was going to trace electrical system down to...
Bought a 1971 starcraft v180 that came with a non-working mercury motor.
Motor is black. Has Mercury 800 and 80hp on it. To remove cover a plate comes off that says thunderbolt ignition and had Kiekhafer Mercury on it. Motor has MARATHON stamped on it. Everything has a number but I cant seem to...