FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I finally removed the melted hub from my prop. Part number on the prop is 48-88440-19 and goes into my 95 Mercruiser 4.3lx Alpha One Gen II. I couldn't find a part number on the old hub. Does the prop use a Flo Torque II hub? Thanks in advance.
My Weber 4bb with manifold choke is shot and needs rebuilt/replace. I'd like to go into something other than the Weber and found a Rochester Quadrajet on eBay for a reasonable price. According to the seller, I can use the Rochester with an adapter plate that will be included with the carb...
I'm going to have to start storing the boat outside (it has always been in the garage). I need to find the best cover for the money that will keep it as dry as possible, here in wet Florida. There are too many options and I want to make sure I get the best for the money.
Thanks in advance.
I have a 95 4.3LX with the Weber 4bb. What choices are there to use other carbs wit the same intake manifold? I'd like to convert to a Rochester Quadrajet, but not sure what mods I will need to do. The throttle and fuel are on the correct sides and I even think the arrestor diameter is the...
I have a 95 4.3LX with the Weber 4bb. What choices are there to use other carbs wit the same intake manifold? I'd like to convert to a Rochester Quadrajet, but not sure what mods I will need to do. I thought about rebuilding the Weber but I'm not crazy about the manifold choke and I hear that...
So I picked up this really nice and clean Chaparral 1830. This is my first sterdrive boat and I have a few questions:
(1) The weber 4 barrel (manifold choke) has some choke issues and it's hard to start after after stopping for more than 15 minutes. What is a good substitute for that carb...