FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
This is factory gelcoat and no repairs, at least none that are obvious to me have been made. The boat was in original shape (interior, carpet, stereo , etc) when I purchased I 3 years ago. I've just been upgrading things as I go along.
It has had some cracks in the gelcoat when I purchased it...
Heya,
I have a 1997 Bluewater Mirage that I've been slowly upgrading/repairing for the last 3 years while enjoying it simultaneously.
I've recently noticed a LOT of little cracks in the gelcoat all around the boat. Are these something to be concerned about? Boat does live under a nice cover...
Hi there, I'm reasonably new to the boating scene. Had a 1990 bayliner that I just sold, and purchased this 1997 Bluewater mirage with the 5.7l volvo penta/sx cobra out drive. The boat is pretty darn clean and in good shape..other than some crispy looking exhaust. The manifolds/risers look...
Just excited to get this boat out on the water! I had never heard of the company before. Seems to be pretty well built. Going to be upgrading a few things, and replacing the vinyl on the sun deck & rear seat. Has the 5.7 Volvo gl/penta sx cobra setup with 425hrs. Any specifics to be cautious of...
Changing the gear oil on my 1990 4.3/alpha one.. the oil that cane out had a small amount of milky streaking in it, i know not good. I spaced getting new plug seals. The old ones look fine although they're hard. Can i just use a regular rubber o-ring instead? Im going to drain the oil again...
Hello! Recently last year I purchased my first boat, a 1994 Chaparral with the 3.0/alpha one for $3500. Its been a great boat, aside from it just being too slow. I tried replacing the prop, but sadly with 4 plus people in the boat it really struggles to get up on plane, let alone pull a tube or...