FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a question regarding paint. The stripes on my boat are approx 10" high, are scuffed up and need to be repainted. The rub rail is in the middle of the striping. Could you repaint this with regular auto paint or does it have to be gel coated?
I need to replace the temp sender on my 3.0 Mercruiser. Went to local parts store and they had none shown. Is there a part number that I can use to cross reference?
Thanks,
39dodgefan
I have a 1992 Mercruiser 3.0. The temperature gauge never moves so I took the wire off the sending location and grounded. The gauage went way past hot. So do I now think the sender is bad or should I replace a thermostat instead? My old outboard had an alarm that went off if the engine got hot...