FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Does anyone know the proper hole configuration for the manifold bolts? Part #0306409 and #0306418 are listed on the 80's diagram, 5 long bolts and one short. Does anyone know which hole the short one goes in? The diagram doesn't show it, and I tried a long one in each hole and was able to get...
Re: OMC 15hp Running on one cylinder
I believe the seal you are talking about is 0315288 SEAL. This part of the motor looks to be different in the 70's vs the 80's. I see an extra piece in the newer version, almost a cap of sorts. To replace this, do i just need to unbolt #11 CrankCase Head...
Hi all- I realize this will always be a huge debate, but I'd like to concentrate on very small outboards (3.5 hp and under). I need to purchase a small outboard for my dinghy (8ft Achilles soft-tail) that will primarily be stored on the railing of my sailboat and used while cruising. I have a...
Hi All- I am stumped on this one and looking for ideas. My bottom cylinder is not working. Here is the background:
1974 Evinrude 15hp. I purchased used (it was running, not well though). I did the following:
Converted from Long to short shaft
New impeller
New Coils
New Plugs
New T-Stat...
I got this motor last year, I have done a bit of work but am still having an issue with top end power. When I have the motor on the muffs/bucket it starts on one pull and idles perfect. Once in the water on the zodiac, the motor will run fine as i throttle up to WOT and then after around 20...
Hi all- new here. I have a 1981 or 83 (not sure) Evinrude 115 V4, bought rebuilt this year. Recently, the motor does not like to run with the cowling on. I removed the pouch holding the ripcord and it ran fine. Had to remove the cowling the other day and when i replaced it i am getting...