FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hey I have a 10' Glen L squirt homemade deal. I put a 35hp evinrude on it. I tried it out for the first time Yesterday. My problem is as soon as it gets on plane it the front starts bouncing around like crazy to the point that you have to stop. I've got the motor tilted in as far as it can go...
I'm looking for 1/4" marine plywood for my new project. I live in St. Catharines Ontario, and I seem to be having a problem getting any. I went to rona and home hardware but the lumber guys had no idea what they were talking about and were absolutely no help. Hoping someone knows where I can get...
My uncle just gave me a 14' aluminum boat. It's rated for 35hp it has 2padded bench seats with back rests, the front seat has a drop in the middle to step through, and it has clothesline steering. the front few feet of the bow and a foot at the back in front of the transom have...
Hey I'm looking to buy a '78 johnson 35hp. The ad says its in good condition. I'm supposed to go look at it middle of this week and I'm just wondering what I should be checking. I've only ever worked on my smaller motors from the 50's and I don't know much about what to look for in regards to...
I recently got a qd-16 johnson 10 hp from my grandfather. It had been sitting for a couple years. I changed the impeler cleaned the points, changed the plugs and ran some new gas through it and it started right up. I took it out in the water for the first time 2 weeks ago and it ran fine but it...
Hey Need an oil seal for my QD-16. Talked to my local johnson dealer and they said the part isn't available anymore. Wondering if anyone knows where to get one.
Thanks