Can't Open this site

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
I've been on here for years. All of a sudden last week I can't get on. I click on the link and it comes up for a fraction of a second, and then goes blank and will not load.

I am using AOL Desktop gold and the browser is MS Edge. If I go to edge by itself, it will open. That's how I got here now.

AOL has my business e-mail and lots of stuff so I don't want to go thru the trouible of changing. Just to reiterate, it started one day and I made no changes to my computer the day before.

Any ideas?

aspeck

Staff member
@colonel_sanders, any ideas here?

I have not been informed of any changes to the software, but it sounds like something has happened between AOL and iboats and/or their host. It is crazy and frustrating when things like this happen, but we will look into our end to see if what we might be able to learn.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
@colonel_sanders, any ideas here?

I have not been informed of any changes to the software, but it sounds like something has happened between AOL and iboats and/or their host. It is crazy and frustrating when things like this happen, but we will look into our end to see if what we might be able to learn.
Thanks so much.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
There is a MS update that was pushed thru recently

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Update of what? I just downloaded the current version of MS Edge and that didn't solve the problem.
Don't know. Get firmware and software updates about 3x per week at work. The last was all the MS office 365 and Edge (don't personally use).

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
When I worked 365 was required. Hated it. Never put it on my home setup.

I never used Edge either, but as of now it's the ONLY thing that will open Iboats.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
I'm running Firefox and chrome depending on which device

aspeck

Staff member
@JimS123, can you try clearing your cache and doing a full computer shut down and then restart. Let us know if that changes anything. We are poking around, but think it might be on your end with an update to something … just trying to figure it out …

Scott Danforth

Staff member
iboats wouldnt open on the home 'puter this morning. Firefox update was being pushed. so I went to task manager, killed the process and once the updates were installed, good to go.

may be same on your end.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
I don't have Firefox. I DID the reboot, cleared cache, upgraded Edge to a current copy, etc.

I DO suspect it's on my end. I just wondered if anyone else had the same problem.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
I have been using Edge for IBoats and my other browser for everything else. I suspected it was on my end.

A few days ago it all started working again. Somebody did something but it wasn't me...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I’ve been having this same problem for a few weeks now….Hope it clears up soon!
What browser are you using? Seems to be an isolated issue. I use Chrome with no problems... As mentioned, clear cache and reboot....