Water on carpet floor lower cabin

SanMarino25

Cadet
I have a 1990 Larson San Marino when the boat is sitting on the trailer in our driveway after a rain the carpet in the lower cabin gets wet and I’m not sure where it’s coming in from… Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem?

Davetowz

Petty Officer 1st Class
Time for the garden hose and start looking for where it is coming in. Have someone drench it while you look around.

SanMarino25

Cadet
Time for the garden hose and start looking for where it is coming in. Have someone drench it while you look around.
The only place that it’s wet is on the carpet floor in the lower cabin there’s no wetness on the sides anywhere to indicate it coming in from there

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Check all the caulking everywhere. Most likely the rain is coming in from the rub rail, or the hatch, or the windshield screws

SanMarino25

Cadet
Check all the caulking everywhere. Most likely the rain is coming in from the rub rail, or the hatch, or the windshield screws
Yes thank you I checked all of that and there is no wetness anywhere in the undercabin ceiling or sides only wetness on the floor… I think it’s possibly coming in from where the engine covers go on I still had the boat hooked up to the truck so everything was leaning forward. I wonder if possible after the bilge filled up underneath and came into the floor somehow…?

Jims98

Recruit
I had same problem with my Larson Cabrio 244. I flex sealed inside my anchor locker an now it stays dry.