OMC 5.0 no start

Car1is

Cadet
I have voltage at the solenoid, but can't get the starter to turn. Even in I jump the solenoid. I can move the crank by hand so I'm sure it isn't locked up.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Battery charged?
Clean battery cable connections?

Car1is

Cadet
Then pull your starter and test it
I replaced starter, and solenoid. Swapped bad fuses, can jump the solenoid, and get fire. Ignition isn't firing now, and even if I cross all wires I'm getting nothing to the solenoid. To top it off, it ran for a out 5 seconds, and now I have no fuel pressure.

itsathepete

Petty Officer 1st Class
What do you mean by swapped bad fuses? Did you have blown fuses? Are they all good now? Why did they blow to begin with?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I replaced starter, and solenoid. Swapped bad fuses, can jump the solenoid, and get fire. Ignition isn't firing now, and even if I cross all wires I'm getting nothing to the solenoid. To top it off, it ran for a out 5 seconds, and now I have no fuel pressure.
first, do you have points, yes or no (you dont state what you actually have)

if you have points, service them:
file them
gap them
verify dwell with a meter
then set timing

Car1is

Cadet
first, do you have points, yes or no (you dont state what you actually have)

if you have points, service them:
file them
gap them
verify dwell with a meter
then set timing
I have a 94 omc 5.0 fi coil ignition. It was the ignition fuse, and I imagine I blew it trying to jump starter, and solenoid. I haven't gotten fire at solenoid since, but I still have 12v at ignition. I've bypassed kill switch also just to see. Is there another relay between switch, and solenoid?

Car1is

Cadet
I have a 94 omc 5.0 fi coil ignition. It was the ignition fuse, and I imagine I blew it trying to jump starter, and solenoid. I haven't gotten fire at solenoid since, but I still have 12v at ignition. I've bypassed kill switch also just to see. Is there another relay between switch, and solenoid?
I'm also barely getting voltage to fuel pump. I did jump it from battery, and still nothing. I'll be changing that now. But still need to figure where the voltage is getting stuffed. It's direct from solenoid right?