1996 Seadoo SP- Not running, good project?

massimofinance

Chief Petty Officer
For $300, I can pick this up. Looks clean. Seller says "runs on starting fluid, needs a new carb which it comes with, old carb is broken", new plugs, battery, steering cables. No trailer. I am handy and like a winter project, but want to be aware of what I am getting myself into upfront. Any advice? Thanks.

Scott06

Vice Admiral
For $300, I can pick this up. Looks clean. Seller says "runs on starting fluid, needs a new carb which it comes with, old carb is broken", new plugs, battery, steering cables. No trailer. I am handy and like a winter project, but want to be aware of what I am getting myself into upfront. Any advice? Thanks.
wouldn’t have high expectations fir this one and wouldn’t pay $300.
id look in the cylinders via plug holes for detonation . If carb is “broken” likely it has plugged passages and was running lean. Its one thing if you clean out fuel system install carb and use it for a season or two. Its another thing if the engine seizes the second time you use it.
it always seems odd that seller never does the few little things to make it running… in which case it would be worth more.