New Porta-Bote boat with crack

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennyjin

Recruit
Hi, I bought a new 12 feet Porta-Note Boat 3 weeks ago, when I finally opened it last weekend, I found there is a crack along the folding line at the end of the boat (see picture). When I called their customer service phone number on their website, I was told because I didn't open it in 24 hours, I cannot return it (or get a replacement). I was told to buy eternalbond tape to seal it.

We called Porta-Bote on the delivery day, since the package is damaged from outside. The lady on the phone said we should not worry about it, since they have 10 years warrant on the boat, so we can accept it. That's why we didn't eager to open it up considering the 10 year warrantee.

They don't offer replacement, even no repair. They just told us to buy the tape and fix it by our own. The boat is totally unused (still has outside plastics on).

Any suggestions on how to handle this? How can I get a replacement or at least repairmen? (I am first-time boat owner).

thanks a lot!

Attachments

• IMG_5138.jpg
    IMG_5138.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 17

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Call Porta-Bote and escalate up the chain of command.

You got bad advice from 2 P-B people.

electriffic

Recruit
Hi, I bought a new 12 feet Porta-Note Boat 3 weeks ago, when I finally opened it last weekend, I found there is a crack along the folding line at the end of the boat (see picture). When I called their customer service phone number on their website, I was told because I didn't open it in 24 hours, I cannot return it (or get a replacement). I was told to buy eternalbond tape to seal it.

We called Porta-Bote on the delivery day, since the package is damaged from outside. The lady on the phone said we should not worry about it, since they have 10 years warrant on the boat, so we can accept it. That's why we didn't eager to open it up considering the 10 year warrantee.

They don't offer replacement, even no repair. They just told us to buy the tape and fix it by our own. The boat is totally unused (still has outside plastics on).

Any suggestions on how to handle this? How can I get a replacement or at least repairmen? (I am first-time boat owner).

thanks a lot!
Yikes! Were you able to resolve the situation? I hope Portabote sent you a new boat. You acted reasonably, and the ten-year warranty should be honored. If Portabote does not take care of you, please consider making a legal complaint with your local court; it's usually inexpensive and may be just the prompt Portabote needs in order to do the right thing.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Who shipped it? The shipper should be responsible for damaged goods, and it should not have been accepted from them. We do that, it gets shipped back to the business and a new one arrives packaged better and good.

jsail

Recruit

thanks a lot!
Wondering if this got resolved to your satisfaction??? I'm considering purchasing a portabote and want to know if their boats last and they honor the warrantee! thanks!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Benny came & went 2yrs ago,
Not likely to get or reply to your message.
Start a topic about the porta bote you are considering and ask questions there

Status
Not open for further replies.