Looking for bare engine block with pistons

Westieman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Major step forward last week. Got it all working and adjusted. But pictures say more then a thousand words :)
This is the first warm up since the major rebuild and I must admit, I am very happy with it!

Would have posted a video here but that does not seem to be possible. So I hope the link works...

Last edited:

Westieman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Now I am worried. Afraid all my private pics will be public !!! HELP PLEASE !!!:faint2::facepalm:
Could someone please remove the google link ? Thank you !
Lou C or southkogs could you help me out please ?

Last edited:

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
I don’t have the app but could not open the pix so maybe it’s ok?

southkogs

Staff member
It was actually directing me to my own Google images ... but I changed the link URL anyway.

Westieman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Lou C southkogs ,Thank you guys!!! Was looking for the emergency button on the screen but could not find it :lol:
So, I will give it another go and hope this time it works out better.
To me this feels like when you turn the key and the engine keeps on running faster and faster. Only, with the engine I would know where the emergency button is! ;)

Westieman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Any suggestions ? Downloaded the vid and tried to post it but to heavy and got error message.
[video]https://photos.app.goo.gl/nhncVXMtBMdQstFWA[/video]
Hope this works

Westieman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks Lou C ! Very happy with it after all the work that has gone in to it.

southkogs

Staff member
Glad ya' got it going: I don't think Google videos will embed in VB. I tried a couple of different ways and couldn't get it. But the link is working.

Westieman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
southkogs Thank you for your intervention!
t was a bit strange. Once I selected "attachement" I could not get back. Tried to delete the URL but that was not possible. Got several different errors. So I got worried. I checked the possibility to view the Google album as a "stranger". With my Phone I could easily see all the pics in the album, without logging in. Anyway, no harm done, although I think there should be a way to delete a post you just installed.
But I am no expert in computers, on the contrary. My generation never got computer education. All I know about it came through self education. Still a long way to go I am afraid. :embarassed:
Thanks again!
One question, here it is 8.20PM ( 20.20h ). What time is it on your side?

southkogs

Staff member
You replied about 20 minutes ago (1320 on my clock). It's currently 1340 here, Central Time here in Middle Tennessee.

I have a good friend with family not too far from you in Rotterdam and then another good friend with family in Amsterdam. We're always talking times and differences.

Westieman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey Lou, I am fine, thank you very much! I hope you and your family are all in good health to!
I am sorry, but no updates at the moment. The weather changed over here since we returned from our vacation / holiday.
I need to get the rub rail installed but just need a day without rain. For over 3 weeks now, it has been raining every day. I just hate the rain and the cold. Anyway, I bought 2 more boats, small ones, so that I can work on them inside, close to the heater :). In between, I took the backrest apart from the Four Winns. The wooden frame was in bad shape, as was the vinyl covering.
IMG_20190914_161900909_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200216_152226015.jpg

IMG_20201001_121455612.jpg

As you can see, the work continues. Would have loved to get her out on the water but, next year for sure!
Bought these.....

IMG_20200920_144349488.jpg

IMG_20200920_100341100.jpg
Just couldn't resist:D

Westieman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Lou C, almost forgot it, bought this to, hope you like it....:laugh: Peugeot 403 "utilitaire" 1957

IMG_20200920_100305024.jpg

Got to keep busy...
Hope to find you on the new platform, let's hope it all works out fine.

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Love the small boats, small & simple is usually the best!
The Peugeot reminds me of a TV show here in USA called Columbo, this featured a disheveled but brilliant detective played by Peter Falk, he drove a slightly beat up 403.
I have replaced nearly all the wood backings for the interior in my F/W, I did one of the big coaming panels 2 years ago and now I've got to do the other one....
we are well thanks, glad you're staying busy!

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Over the winter will be doing the other side, and replacing the old OMC control with a Teleflex one I bought some years back....

photo340905.jpg

Westieman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Good morning ( ? ) Lou ! Indeed, I remember this very popular TV series. However, he drove a very rare 2 door I believe. There was a 4 door available but loved the battered pick up.

IMG_20200920_101154634.jpg
Small boat need small repairs ? Found this....

IMG_20200922_151449293.jpg

IMG_20200922_151340684.jpg

IMG_20200924_134311719.jpg

IMG_20201001_172958083.jpg

IMG_20201005_133948167_HDR.jpg

As you can see, the wood in the transom plate ? or whatever you call this, was in bad shape. I wanted to get it all out and replace it. This was a nasty job but got it done. Only needs some fiber glass to finish it now. Need to continue before it gets even colder and the resin no longer cures. After that, new carpet and a good cleaning job will make this a very nice little boat. It has got the original gel coat and stickers!

louc

Seaman Apprentice
I think Columbo drove a convertible 403.
Yes older boats all need what seems to be episodes of work. You fix one big thing then it’s fine for a number of years and then some other big issue arises. Mine had the structural renovation (deck & stringers 2006-7), exterior paint (2012) and engine top end overhaul (2017). Recently I’ve been picking up nice freshwater Cobra parts for spares and just bought a spare 4.3 outdrive which looks to be in good shape.

Westieman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I think Columbo drove a convertible 403.
Yes older boats all need what seems to be episodes of work. You fix one big thing then it’s fine for a number of years and then some other big issue arises. Mine had the structural renovation (deck & stringers 2006-7), exterior paint (2012) and engine top end overhaul (2017). Recently I’ve been picking up nice freshwater Cobra parts for spares and just bought a spare 4.3 outdrive which looks to be in good shape.
Way to go Lou! Spares will one day be worth something. Yeah, that's how it is. Today you think you'r all done and the next day something happens and makes you start all over again.
What happened Lou, seaman apprentice? Lost your points? 😂