Skanky Beast gets a windshield

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
I stopped by the local glass place to price a piece of 1/4 plexi, and after talking to the guy, he cut and bent a piece into the exact windshield I needed. Total cost was about $40, not too bad. I then drilled it, assembled some rubber mounting grommets, and mounted it on up. Next task is to build a grab rail to surround it so no ones grabs it while under way...<br /><br />
windshield.jpg
<br /><br />
windshield2.jpg

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
Re: Skanky Beast gets a windshield

It isn't sharp at all, the edge is rounded, but that is an interesting product. I figure the grab rail I will whip up will eliminate any windshield edge issues.

D

DJ

Jason,<br /><br />Looks good.<br /><br />If the edges are sharp, a propane torch will fix them right up.

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

Way :cool: :cool: :cool: <br /><br />Hope she's running as ggod as she looks.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Its runnin' perfect. I go down, prime the bulb, open the fast idle, crank her till she fires, and its fun time. I still need to bum a GPS off of a buddy to confirm true speed. The speedo says I am in the high 30s, but those things are not accurate (Pitot style). I pace cars along the bridge (They go 55), and they are not going much faster than me, they just creep ahead slowly. I feel like it is probably honestly going low to mid 40s, just based on other boats I have used. My last boat topped out at 32 mph on GPS, and this just feels faster than that. Whatever, its not that important because I almost always cruise at 3100 rpms, that give me good economy and good cruise speed (22 mph according to pitot speedo). Maybe somebody could whip up a speed guestimate. 125 horsepower, 17 inch prop, tops out at around 5000 rpms, 16.5 foot boat. I think I have more RPMs left. <br /><br />I am not sure if my throttle is opening up all the way. I had to cut a channel in the console for the lever to settle into when maxing it out, just due to the way I mounted the control box, and I think there is just a smidge more left. The next time I go out I will remove the lever and rotate it back one spline, that will allow me to test for complete throttle opening. If the rpms go up to 5100 or more, then I need to modify something.

SCO

Lieutenant

My boat gets about 42 or 43 topped out at 5000 rpm with a 19 pitch prop. With a 17, high 30's sounds about right. mine is a 17.5 ft tri with 135 hp motor.