Jen E. Dawg Needs a Thought & Prayer

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Jen E. Dawg Needs a Thought & Prayer

GREAT NEWS!!!!!<br /><br />Glad to hear she's back to herself ef. :)

KaGee

Admiral

Good News EF!<br /><br />Y'all can keep your snakes down there, thank you very much. But, if I'm ever in need, I'll keep Jenny in mind. ;)

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Great news EF :D :D <br /><br />We don't get much use for snake fightin' dogs over here and any way don't you think she should stick to somthing a little bit safer like teddy bears, or other such fluffy toys ;) :D :D

dogsdad

Lieutenant

That's a relief---glad to hear it! I bet she won't go messin' with snakes anymore.

toomanyboats

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Great News<br />We love our dog too !<br />
IMGbuck.jpg

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Thanks for keepin us updated, ef. What I learned from veterinarians: many times snakes don't release venom, or very little venom, since the venom is primarily a hunting mechanism & not a defense mechanism - if they can't eat it, it'd be a waste of venom. Dogs'll usually move along after the first bite - sounds like Jenny was definately protecting the home front (as opposed to just nosing around). Water moc venom is not generally fatal to dogs; rattlesnakes & copperheads usually are, though, and you'll know within a half hour. Didn't want to mention any of that until you were sure she'd recover. If you learned anything more, or different from that, hope you'll share it with us.<br /><br />Hey, toomanyboats, where'd you get that picture of my dog?<br />
dusty.jpg
<br /><br /> :D I see yours wears eyeliner, too. ;)

bootle

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Glad for the good news ef :)

bootle

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Glad for the good news ef :)

eeboater

Commander

Awesome news EF... Those Canines have a lot more Sh** n' vinegar than we yoomans think!!

toomanyboats

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hey Texas,<br />Good looking dog,This Dog is not just a dog ,He's a part of family,I know how EF felt cause if anything happened to our Dog(Buck) we would be all sad,He's our Friend,Protector,Companion,FAMILY,Etc,<br />Eye liner is a YES.<br />He's Lab/Rodesion Ridgeback mix.<br />Yours?

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

far as I know, Dusty's a Big Yella Hound Dog - a couple of people have asked if he's Rodesian Ridgeback but I've heard they don't shed. He's got webbed toes & a strong swimmer but no retrieving instinct - more of a tracker. A little bit more red/orange than Buck, but I swear they could be brothers.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

And they lived happily everafter. Great news EF.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Bear says "Hey Jenny, what's a snake? Whatever it is, can I play with it? Does it make any noise when you chew on it?"<br /><br />
Bear%20in%20Chair%20compressed.JPG

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Glad to hear your friends doing great. My Grandpa's dog always killed rattlers down at his place kept us kids from getting bit. Dogs will protect us no matter what<br />serenity

ehenry

Commander

moto_0054-1.jpg

moto_0204.jpg

The little one....Pearl.... is in charge of carrying the flag now.......I'll just have to make the flag a little smaller.

Jen E. Dawg
1998-2011

That bottom pic was made Sunday the 8th.

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander

Hi Ehenry, I too had a police////German Shepard. His name was Brownie. He passed away 20 years ago, and I still remember him as my best freind. That dog could just about talk. I feel for you and your loss...... I just think of my lease on my Brownie as training for God, he needs good Dogs! Best of the Best....Cofe

ehenry

Commander

Thanks, Cofe....Pearl and I had a beer and remeniced a little bit after we got through putting Jenny in the flower bed......I sure think she will grow some pretty flowers.

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

Tough deal ehenry. You and yours are in my thoughts.

I buried my beloved and amazing dog Bo, he was almost 11, a 90 lb. boxer/rotweiler mix and it just breaks your heart.

A year later I tried to replace him, (NOT)!!! with Franklin, a 60 lb. boxer/beagle mix who can't even hold a candle to Bo. But we still love him just the same. :)

A funny side note: Norton the cat had a black snake wrapped aroung his neck strangling him, the first mate happened to come along and saved his life, the next summer he got run over by a car. :(