People who are inconsiderate........RANT

Pony

Rear Admiral
I'm getting sick of people only thinking about themselves.......im begining to think i rant too much.<br /><br />Today I went to fill up with gas. They had 2 fill stations on each side of the building, each could hold 4 cars (so 16 total cars could be filling).......I think we all know the set-up ;) <br /><br />There were 5 cars when I got there and I wasn;t able to fill up till someone left, because everyone was taking up the two spots on each side of the pumps. :eek: :mad:

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander
Re: People who are inconsiderate........RANT

Wadda bunch of gasholes.<br /><br /><br />spots

ZmOz

Captain

At least you don't have to wait for some high school dropout to finish chatting with the other employees and come over to do a poor job of pumping your gas when you finally get a spot...<br />(illegal in OR to pump your own gas)

QC

Supreme Mariner

What I hate is people spinning around backwards and filling the "wrong" direction to snag an open spot. In fact I can't stand most anything that basically says "my time is more valuable than yours" . . .

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

QC hit it on the head. Their time is more important than everyone elses. Rant on Pony, the list is endless. How about the jerk who knows his lane is ending on the highway but fly's ahead and rams his way in while you and I move over in anticipation a half a mile earlier and wait our turn.

Pony

Rear Admiral

What really got me is at first i tried to squeeze into a spot, and got to within an inch of the car in front of me only to realize the hose was about a foot too short.........then the woman driver of the car in front of me gives me a dirty look look like "Could you get any closer to my car??"<br /><br /><br />I "calmy" explained things at that point. :D

Pony

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by POINTER94:<br /> QC hit it on the head. Their time is more important than everyone elses. Rant on Pony, the list is endless. How about the jerk who knows his lane is ending on the highway but fly's ahead and rams his way in while you and I move over in anticipation a half a mile earlier and wait our turn.
Man I hate that :mad: :mad: , like its my obligation to slow down or go another lane over (possible or not) to let the guy in.........cuz if I dont hes coming over anyways.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by POINTER94:<br />How about the jerk who knows his lane is ending on the highway but fly's ahead and rams his way in while you and I move over in anticipation a half a mile earlier and wait our turn.
Wow, actually this is precisely the one I was thinking of too . . . I just move halfway over now, which makes me a road rage, victim, candidate, thing, but grrrrrrr. :mad: <br /><br />Sorry, quick hijack. Our third kid was a scheduled Caesarean, but he decided he was ready two days before the schedule. They did not want her to go into labor and of course it started during morning rush hour. I was driving in the emergency lanes (hospital 20 miles away, middle of LA freeways) and a tractor trailer dude figured he'd do the halfway thing I describe above to block me . . .<br /><br />Sometimes I remember I don't really know their individual situation, but I usually decide that I do and block anyway. It is NASCAR out there ya know :D

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

My personal favorite is the three lanes of traffic backed up at the red light and the choads who get in the left turn lane and whip back over in the first 15 foot gap they find. One guy even took it all the way through the intersection (in the oncoming left turn lane) before he made it over.<br /><br /><br />spots

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

It really makes me angry when some guy is so impatient, his time is so important, that he has to squeeze into a too-small spot at the gas pumps, rather than wait his turn. ;)

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Why waste a half mile of perfectly good highway? :p .....JK

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

How thoughtless of them not to arrange their positions to accomodate you! Maybe they should all move their cars (positioned because of the positions of the cars that were there before them) as soon as you approach.<br /><br />Everybody has to stop where the hose will reach their fillers and without crashing into other cars. If all cars had the filler on the left rear it would be easier.<br /><br />P.O.N.Y., you are too young to be grumping like an old curmudgeon.

Pony

Rear Admiral

How thoughtless of them not to arrange their positions to accomodate you! Maybe they should all move their cars (positioned because of the positions of the cars that were there before them) as soon as you approach.
Don't get me wrong here, I don't expect people to be prked perfect at the pump, nor do i expect that there will always be a spot for me........but to imply that the behavior of these people wasnt inconsiderate of ALL the other drivers and not just me is ridiculous. I wasnt the only one waiting and I wasnt the only one who thought what I did. I talke to a guy as I was filling up who also had to wait for people to leave to fill up.<br /><br />What some of you are failing to see is that there is never a reason to park inbetween the two pumps......the hose stretches the other way as well. Today stood out in my mind because all the other times I have come to a gas station that was crowded I waited because all the concievable spots were filled. It was clear that my expirience today was inconsiderate people not a set of circumstances that caused them to park that way......they were thinking about themselves.<br /><br /><br />
It really makes me angry when some guy is so impatient, his time is so important, that he has to squeeze into a too-small spot at the gas pumps, rather than wait his turn.
I dont think my time is anymore important than anyone elses.......my rant was a general one....as said I wasnt the only one who felt that way there. I didnt squeeze into anywhere either.....I pulled in and simply could get the hose to reach. Fact is NO ONE shouldve had to wait around for people taking up 2 spaces. <br /><br />Maybe you guys arent properly picturing what happened.......when you park like that at a fill station......it is NOT because the guy there when u pulled in funny, its because u are being inconsiderate. <br /><br />Rant over.......

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

You forgot another option.<br /><br />Maybe all the people were stupid.<br /><br />On getting over when lane is ending, last time I checked, it is legal to stay in that lane until it is officially closed. Why get POed at a person who if following the law.<br /><br />The real problem and the cause of the backup is people who wont let the merging guys into their lane.<br /><br />If people wouldnt tailgate, then there wouldnt be any backup cause people could easily and safely merge into the lane at speed.<br /><br />Ken

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Yep, I think of myself when I go to fill my boat up. Usually I'll fill up the tank which takes about 90 to 100 gallons. I do take up one complete side and some room in front and behind the lane as well. Of course the tow and boat is about 55 feet long.<br /><br />The tank on the boat will only let me fill it at the medium setting on the handle. That puts in about 2 gallons a minuet. So when I fill it up, I'm there for about an hour.<br /><br />I call it my once a year payback for the ying yangs that take my time up at the pumps.

Bondo

Staff member

I see it All the Time,..........<br /><br />Why can't people pull up to the Last pump in-line,....... Rather than the 1st pump in-line........<br /><br />Sooo Simple,........
Maybe all the people were stupid.
Ayuh,........<br /><br />Must be True........

Fly Rod

Commander

:) My time is more important then most at the pump!!! ;) After all I'm either trying to go "Fishing, Hunting or Sking"!!! :D Most others have very little to do, such as going to work or picking up kids!!! :p <br /><br />Have A GREAT DAY!!!! ;) :cool:

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br />last time I checked, it is legal to stay in that lane until it is officially closed. Why get POed at a person who if following the law.
Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's not rude. I could flip you off for no apparent reason while we're driving and it would be perfectly legal too...does that mean I should be doing it and that you won't get pissed when I do? :rolleyes:

ehenry

Commander

Pointer, ZmOz....I feel yall's pain...POinters post is a peave of mine too.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /> Why waste a half mile of perfectly good highway? .....JK