People who are inconsiderate........RANT

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: People who are inconsiderate........RANT

Originally posted by QC:<br /> What I hate is people spinning around backwards and filling the "wrong" direction to snag an open spot. In fact I can't stand most anything that basically says "my time is more valuable than yours" . . .
So if I pulled in the opposite direction from you, and you're at the pump and the car in front of you pulls away leaving a vacancy, it would be rude for me to back into the spot? In your world, I would leave the vacancy vacant, and wait until the two cars on the other side finished and pulled away? How would you be incovenienced by my backing in? You might have to cut a sharper angle to pull away from the pump? Too much trouble for ya?<br /><br />And what direction is "wrong" anyway? East? South? Northeast? Southsouthwest?

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

I agree with that one too, jtex......It wouldn't be so bad if some folks would just 'Git 'er done'....But alot of people will "milk the bull" when it comes to self serve & take their sweet old time buying cheetos & lottery tickets....If a spot is open, I'm taking it, regardless of which way it is facing.....<br />SS Mayfloat is in the clear however, boats definately take precedence over other vehicles ;) :) .....JK

QC

Supreme Mariner

jt & jk,<br /><br />I knew someone would call me on that . . . There are many stations with directional arrows painted on the pavement indicating which way to enter and leave the station. Without that system, I would not make that statement. Also, if there are open slots then it is a pretty silly discussion. I am talking about when there is a line AND arrows. I was not clear, my bad.<br /><br />I think jtex is assuming there is no directional correctness, maybe that's illegal in Texas like pumping your own is in Oregon :rolleyes: <br /><br />JK, at least you're consistent, just like the lane thing and your politics . . . "whatever floats my boat".<br /><br />BTW, do either of you tell your kids to do whatever works for them regardless of the "rules" or rudeness factor? Hmmmmmmmm . . . thought not.<br /><br />I'm with ZmOz, there are many things that are legal, that aren't right . . .<br /><br />I also agree with SS and Fly Rod. There is no reason, however, for anybody to give boaters or longer vehicles extra room or time except for common courtesy . . . ;)

Pony

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by ZmOz:<br />
Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br />last time I checked, it is legal to stay in that lane until it is officially closed. Why get POed at a person who if following the law.
Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's not rude. I could flip you off for no apparent reason while we're driving and it would be perfectly legal too...does that mean I should be doing it and that you won't get pissed when I do? :rolleyes:
Well said!<br /><br />I guess I'll go start cutting in front of people and slam on my breaks to turn right in front of them.....since its legal.....

bootle

Lieutenant Junior Grade

WTF are you folks complaining about, you were able to purchase gas, did'nt ya?<br />How inconsiderate of you all being inconsiderate of others. How dare you tell Americans not to act and behave like Americans :rolleyes:

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

yeah, no directionality in gas stations here...but you're talking about line-jumping which just about is a hanging offense.<br /><br />I swear, KIZ, you don't get a lot of that merging traffic rudeness up north where I am...most always you'll never have a problem with somebody tryin to cut you off - even pulling a trailer somebody will wave you on in without ya have to slow down. But drive south, about the time you get to Waco it starts getting bad with unsignalled lane changes, driving slow in the passing lanes, then it goes to hell in a handbasket about Huntsville - pull into Houston and you can just forgetaboutit!

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Jtexas, UP NORTH? HEHEHE! QC, if it had a lane marker showing direction, I would respect that.....I happened to see a Cheetoh eatin' ticket buyin' lard a$$ this mornin' and....sorry I do not have time for that......<br />I paid for that half mile of road ....if the bone heads can't figger out where to merge .....well :rolleyes: ....the road is there for a reason.....Seems people up here think merge means yield & vice versa....The true locals (20+ years ) blame it on them "Gol Danged Caleefornia Republicans"....<br />Funny how I don't hear anyone from New England or the Mid-Atlantic states whining ;) :p :) ......JK

magster65

Commander

What a bunch a meanies! I just sit in the corner of the lot waiting. I wave to all the nice people that need to go first or that take up 3 spots. I like people... they're nifty.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I'm with mags. Even rude people are cool. They just don't know it.