Kwik Fill is ethanol free!

superbenk

Commander
Just learned over the week we were on vacation that Kwik Fill stations are ethanol free. They're located in NY, NJ & PA. I'll be looking out for my closest one for sure.

superbenk

Commander
Re: Kwik Fill is ethanol free!

Bummer, closest is ~30 miles away in NJ :(

Rocky_Road

Lieutenant Commander

The local BP stations (Florida Panhandle) advertise straight gas for all of their grades...always see boaters lined up on the weekends!

Happy (ethanol free) boating!

180shabah

Rear Admiral

...always see boaters lined up on the weekends!

I always hit the local sheetz w/ethanol, no lines, no waiting, no imagined problems....

Cheaper too...

Rocky_Road

Lieutenant Commander

I always hit the local sheetz w/ethanol, no lines, no waiting, no imagined problems....

Cheaper too...

The BP gas is right in line with all of the stations in this area...not sure why you thought that straight gas was costing more?

Happy boating!

superbenk

Commander

I haven't been able to attribute any problems directly to ethanol, but I hear enough crappy stuff about it that I'm interested if there's stations that sell straight gas. Though I have no intentions of driving 30 miles just to get it.

I did find it interesting that when getting gas at a local Wawa station, the 10% ethanol sign actually had a note specifically to boaters to ask for more info inside before filling with the 10% mix. I'd never seen an explicit notice before.

Aren't most boat engines supposed to be built with ethanol tolerant materials now? Whats the biggest concern with ethanol outside of water absorption? I installed a water/fuel separator prior to vacation and thought it was a cheap enough solution to that problem ($6/yr in 10 micron filters & $40 for the mount & hardware). Speaking of which, I haven't found a lick of water in my gas this year after pulling it out of winterization. Only time I found water was before putting the ball check on the vent hose a year or 2 ago.

Rocky_Road

Lieutenant Commander

I haven't been able to attribute any problems directly to ethanol, but I hear enough crappy stuff about it that I'm interested if there's stations that sell straight gas. Though I have no intentions of driving 30 miles just to get it.

I did find it interesting that when getting gas at a local Wawa station, the 10% ethanol sign actually had a note specifically to boaters to ask for more info inside before filling with the 10% mix. I'd never seen an explicit notice before.

Aren't most boat engines supposed to be built with ethanol tolerant materials now? Whats the biggest concern with ethanol outside of water absorption? I installed a water/fuel separator prior to vacation and thought it was a cheap enough solution to that problem ($6/yr in 10 micron filters & $40 for the mount & hardware). Speaking of which, I haven't found a lick of water in my gas this year after pulling it out of winterization. Only time I found water was before putting the ball check on the vent hose a year or 2 ago.

Phase seperation...no filter in the world to fix this.

Happy boating!

180shabah

Rear Admiral

...not sure why you thought that straight gas was costing more?...

Sorry, I was referring to the station having cheaper prices not e-10 vs straight. Around here we have nothing but e10....

...Whats the biggest concern with ethanol outside of water absorption?...

Many OLD boats had custom fiberglass fuel tanks. The resins used then are dissolved by ethanol.