18' Starcraft SuperSport restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobsGlasstream

Commander
Re: 18' Starcraft SuperSport restoration

Hey ezmobee,
The boat is really looking great. Looks like you are on the home stretch now.
I can see why you love your boat too.
Great Job.
Bob

fishrdan

Admiral

Those front seats look sweet EZ!

One of the biggest PITA's of my resto was aligning the windshield back up. I got it 95%, but there was a lot of adjusting here, there, too high, too low, angle on but gap off, gap on but angle off.....

MTribe08

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Ahh man..you've got to be so happy with the way its turning out! I really like your seating arrangement, opened up a good amount of space on the deck. Looks fantastic!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hey EZ! Looks like a real boat!! Coming together great man, well done, well done!

86 century

Ensign

That thing is looking great. By the way how tall are your seat pedestals.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

One of the biggest PITA's of my resto was aligning the windshield back up. I got it 95%, but there was a lot of adjusting here, there, too high, too low, angle on but gap off, gap on but angle off.....

I believe it. When I swapped out the one on the Jupiter I really had to mess with it and I don't think it was ever 100% perfect.

gunner1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Another great job ez! My question is how are your seat pedastal bases attached to the deck?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Another great job ez! My question is how are your seat pedastal bases attached to the deck?

Currently? Gravity :p Just fitting everything right now.

I added an additional block of 3/4" to the deck in the general areas where I knew the pedestal seats would go. I intend to install them with lag bolts.

gunner1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Currently? Gravity :p Just fitting everything right now.

I added an additional block of 3/4" to the deck in the general areas where I knew the pedestal seats would go. I intend to install them with lag bolts.

So basically you're just going to use lag bolts (screws) and fasten them in- easy enough. Are you going to put anything on the threads like 3m 4200 or something similar to seal them?

North Beach

Commander

As I said last night E Danged good Job! I can't wait to see this baot at Tinstock!

Huron Angler

Admiral

I think that's a great idea...those bases do take plenty of stress and the extra backing will make sure there is no give/leaning. How did you attach these?

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

They were screwed on using deck screws while putting on the first coat of epoxy. So screws and epoxy.

Bingo! Winner!!!! Thats what I did..umm minus poxy!

I just pictured the pedestal ripping out one day with my big ol arse on it

Pap's SuperSport

Seaman Apprentice

EZ, gonna show my wife your seating arrangement. She is in favor of the back to back seating, but I think your pics may sway her opinion. Nice work as always! Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.