87 Sea Ray Seville

tinkeringwackyone

Chief Petty Officer
Working on an 87 sea ray seville. July 4th weekend opened up the can of worms when after sitting on the beach for only an hour, the boat had nearly a foot of water in it. :eek: Crud.Took it home and when things had dried out backed it into the lake to see where it was coming from. No leaks, but had a hunch and put it in reverse, walla, my fears were confirmed, leaking at the bottom of the transom:(. I bought the bought knowing the floor was soft, so that wasn't a concern, now I am rebuilding the whole thing:rolleyes:. Reading a lot of the current posts and being a handyman, I feel I can rebuild her. I'll post pics later of what I have done so far. Thanks for the help in advance. http://s975.photobucket.com/albums/ae223tinkeringwackyone/

tinkeringwackyone

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 87 Sea Ray Seville

Posted a link to photobucket with some pics of the project. need to work on getting them directly to the thread to save time in surfing.:redface:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

When you're in your photobucket account, next to each of your pictures should be an IMG code link. That's the link you paste into iboats. Good luck. I love the 80's SeaRays.

tinkeringwackyone

Chief Petty Officer

project is on hold for the moment. headed out to colorado to consult with a back surgeon as I have a large disc herniation. hopefully be back on the ray soon.:redface:

tinkeringwackyone

Chief Petty Officer

Hello all, good to be back in the saddle again. After having back surgery and extremely cold temperatures I'm back to work on the ray again. Tonight I went out and took the cap off. So much easier to work around with it off.:) I try and keep posted. The best thing I get from this site is the encouragement and helpful advice from everyone. Later....tink:D

tinkeringwackyone

Chief Petty Officer

Here are a few pics. trying to figure out how to allow a user to click and enlarge:confused::redface:
searayrebuild005-1.jpgsearayrebuild003-1.jpgsearayrebuild010-1.jpg
87searay001-1-1.jpg

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Don't attach them with iboats. It's a pain and the size restrictions are to strict. Host them elsewhere (photobobucket.com) and then link to them from here. Use the IMG code links that photobucket provides.

tinkeringwackyone

Chief Petty Officer

Ive tried to do that but keeps giving me invalid URL. These are on photobucket and linked to iboats as attacment, only way I could get it to work at the time. Thanks emzobee

tinkeringwackyone

Chief Petty Officer

I am unable to figure out how to post links, I will just post updates w/o pics here. pics will be available on photobucket:mad::confused:

tinkeringwackyone

Chief Petty Officer

I think I may have figured out the pics. Thanks ezmobee.

Last edited:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

You ALMOST got it figured out. I went to your album and edited your last post and inserted one of your images. Go in and edit the post and look at the code and see how I did it. Then resize your pics to 640x480 on photobucket.

tinkeringwackyone

Chief Petty Officer

Just an update, I almost have the entire deck tore out, I know its slow compared to a lot of you guys, but once it warms up a little, motivation wil get better. Maybe by 2012 it'll be done. :D

boatflipper

Chief Petty Officer

You'll get there!! This forum is giving me all the inspiration I need!
Good luck!!

tinkeringwackyone

Chief Petty Officer

Last night I was out and was able to get the rest of the deck removed.:D I need to finish tearing out the transom, (three piece) as that is where the leak originally was at.:redface: Even though the floor was solid up to the front, the stringers were rotten clear to the front. Hopefully it will warm up a little so I can drag it outside and start doing some serious grinding as my shop is not heated, these 10 degree nights are chilly, at least I'm out of the wind.:cool: Now is the process of figuring out which type of plywood, glass, and resin to use... CDX, marine grade, mat, chopped, poly or epoxy.... so many choices so little outlets, will have to order wherever I go. Thanks guys

Last edited:

tinkeringwackyone

Chief Petty Officer

grinding,grinding grinding......I'll post new pics later. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.:)

tinkeringwackyone

Chief Petty Officer

here's a few pics of the "ray" in the grinding process, 46 degrees and sunny when I took the pics, sun's gone now, crap. oh well spring is right around the corner.

searayrebuild014.jpg

searayrebuild013.jpg

searayrebuild012.jpg

searayrebuild011.jpg