The texas maid rebuild! roll/tip question at the bottom. need help from the pros

bananaboater

Ensign
Re: The texas maid rebuild! roll/tip question at the bottom. need help from the pros

Loved the video of turning turtle. Ingenious. Only changes I might make if I do it is empty the boat out first and wear some shoes. :D

bob_1027

Cadet
Re: The texas maid rebuild! roll/tip question at the bottom. need help from the pros

lol yeah i should have emptied the boat first, i thought the rule for working on boats was no shirt no shoes.. i just put a shirt on to save the internet from that sight...

Rickairmedic

Commander

Bob the boat is looking great and yes that video was by far one of those hey hold my beer and watch this moments ROFLMAO.

Rick

Roxxann

Recruit

I'm so happy you posted this and with pics to boot!! My husband passed away in 2008 and left me with his boat...identical to yours. I couldn't find any information about at all, all i knew was the motor was a 40hp evenruide and a homemade trailer. This is great, thanks so much.

kylelionel

Recruit
Re: New project! the texas maid rebuild

I just purchased a similar project, a 1961 texas maid, any suggestions on srarting? How did you finish off the portholes? Seating? Any final pictures?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

What formula did you use for your Rustoleum Mix? What were the temps when you were painting? What Roller cover did you use? Lot's of variables that can make a huge difference in your results.

JDA1975

Lieutenant

I noticed that as well, between the green which was dark and tan. The tan flowed a lot smoother, IMO, then the green, but partially that is mostly an optical illusion in our minds! The dark covering light colored primer, really shows the lines, where the lighter color does not, So because its so noticeable we work it more. I think they are about the same, its all perception

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Oh wow, I just noticed this thread is 2 yrs Old. Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse Me!!!!!!