Caught between a rock and an ugly girl....

waterinthefuel

Commander
Guys I need some help. I met a really nice and really smart girl. She and I have a lot in common, our interests are the same in many areas, (she loves my scooter, loves and is very knowledgable about airplanes, wants to learn to fly RC planes and even bought an RC plane to learn with, etc etc) but there is just one problem. She is huge and on top of that one of the most unattractive girls I've ever seen in my life. She is literally an eyesore. At 222lbs, it doesn't help that she's fat either. I am not phsycially attracted to her and I just feel so bad if I'd break up with her because she's had such a rough go with men in the past. Shes financially secure but ugh......I don't know if I'm being selfish by wanting to just be friends with her (shes great company, but the passion just isn't there, at least for me) simply because she is not attractive to me at all. I've seen stunningly beautiful fat women before. It's not the fat that's the problem, it's her looks.

Is physical attraction (or lack thereof) a good enough reason to tell someone no?

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Caught between a rock and an ugly girl....

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder......;)

smclear

Chief Petty Officer

(shes great company, but the passion just isn't there, at least for me)

You answered your own question. No passion - look elsewhere. As you said, you've seen beautiful fat people so the size isn't it. Without the passion, the relationship is doomed to fail, eventually (it may take a while since the other interests are there).

jakebrake

Petty Officer 1st Class

triumph rick is right. My wife puts up with my ugly mug. ( i look like michael chiklis...he can pull it off, i can't)

what's on the inside is a whole hell of a lot more important. Had a blind date with a stone fox...untill i got to know her.

inside? ugliest ***** i ever met.

if you can't get past it, then be fair to her.

tallcanadian

Captain

It doesn't matter how big a person. It doesn't matter how homely she is. But if there is no physical attraction, move on. You could still be friends, hang out, share pizza or a beer. You can even be friends with benefits.Awww...who am I kidding. Find someone else. Or buy another boat. Good luck.

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

Are you already in a relationship with her? If so.. why did you agree to one? You sound as though you would be killer friends. If you can find a way to back off the relationship to 'friend' level, you are golden. I just haven't seen that happen successfully very many times. Let's face it, she made a choice with her looks, and now she is paying the price. If she wishes to 'woo' you, then she will do it. Until then, it's Friend city or Move-On city.

salty87

Commander

Beauty is in the eye of the beERholder......;)

had to fix that up for ya

back to the question...you're not doing her any favors by giving her the impression there's something there when there isn't. be true to yourself or it will end up much worse.

xxxflhrci

Chief Petty Officer

In tough times, I can take a fat chick with an pretty face or an ugly chick with a great body. But, I can't hardly see "dating" a fat, ugly chick that I wasn't attracted to unless she was loaded.:D

You basically summed it up. You aren't attracted to her. She is friend material, but not mate material. Cut her loose.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

If it does not feel right then it is not right.

FBPirate95

Master Chief Petty Officer

If it does not feel right then it is not right.

Exactly! Like everyone said.....you already know what is right. You just need to have a meaningful talk with her explaining exactly what you feel. Tell her exactly what things are great about her, but also tell her you just don't have a romantic attaction to her, and you would hate to drag her along in a relationship that could ultimately hurt her. She'll probably get upset with you at first, but she'll respect you more in the long run.

tallcanadian

Captain

But just in case, if you have any pet rabbits.....hide them first. You don't want to find them boiling on a pot on your stove.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

First off are you working from a factory service manual or an after market POS like Sealoc or Climers??;);):) Uninviting waters are just that, wait for fairer seas.

RoyR

Petty Officer 1st Class

If she weighed in at 150lbs, would that change your mind? Looks like she has everything else you value, maybe you can help her drop 60lbs?

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

If she weighed in at 150lbs, would that change your mind? Looks like she has everything else you value, maybe you can help her drop 60lbs?

Oh, sure. Try approaching that one with diplomacy...

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

Guys I need some help. I met a really nice and really smart girl. She and I have a lot in common, our interests are the same in many areas, (she loves my scooter, loves and is very knowledgable about airplanes, wants to learn to fly RC planes and even bought an RC plane to learn with, etc etc) but there is just one problem. She is huge and on top of that one of the most unattractive girls I've ever seen in my life. She is literally an eyesore. At 222lbs, it doesn't help that she's fat either. I am not phsycially attracted to her and I just feel so bad if I'd break up with her because she's had such a rough go with men in the past. Shes financially secure but ugh......I don't know if I'm being selfish by wanting to just be friends with her (shes great company, but the passion just isn't there, at least for me) simply because she is not attractive to me at all. I've seen stunningly beautiful fat women before. It's not the fat that's the problem, it's her looks.

Is physical attraction (or lack thereof) a good enough reason to tell someone no?

Physical attraction can come and go... Every hot chick will get old and have wrinkles, facial hair, and maybe a mustache...lol.

If she's good company, then keep her around. Relationships are more than just physical.... Trust me! Get married and all the physical interaction gets thrown out the window.... You can't base a relationship off bedroom activites! You need to have common interests, activities you can do together, common morals and values.

Now if she is so big that you need to reprop your boat..... then you might want to think this over a little more... :D :eek:

tallcanadian

Captain

Lmao. You guys are cruel. If she can pull start an outboard motor, bait her own hook, open a beer for you, then who cares what she looks like. Follow your heart.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Now if she is so big that you need to reprop your boat..... then you might want to think this over a little more... :D :eek:

Phwaaaaah !!!!!

Tubingluvr

Chief Petty Officer

Either you click or you don't.
It will never work if you already have doubts.
Her past relationships are not your problem, don't stay with her just because you feel sorry for her.
You've got to do what YOU feel not what you think she will feel if you break it off.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

Uhh just don't break the news to her when your in the air in her airplane:eek:AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!