2010 Starcraft owners Get Together

Rickairmedic

Commander
Re: 2010 Starcraft owners Get Together

LOL Num you live down there in Kev's neck of the woods stay close to him dng near free Starcrafts fall into his lap almost daily its sickening I tell ya :D.

Rick

prelude219

Seaman

This sounds like fun. I gotta research it a little more as i would be driving from upstate ny like a few others i noticed. I'll get back to ya

Rickairmedic

Commander

Prelude good to have ya . I would say all ya'll upstate NY guys need to get together and work out a place to meet so you can convoy down together .

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I feel so left out :(

Someone want to give me a tin can? ;)

LOL Num you live down there in Kev's neck of the woods stay close to him dng near free Starcrafts fall into his lap almost daily its sickening I tell ya :D.

Rick

Yes, it is sickening! not exactly FREE.....this time
Heres a 18 ft Holiday (a '63) with a 100 hp OB..ready to drop in the water..
Bet a grand would get it

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/boa/1314503356.html

A 16 foot SS..ready to go, but 1,500 bux

http://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/1312497409.html

How about a 25 ft hull to make a monster center console out of? (25 ft???)

http://staugustine.craigslist.org/boa/1282045522.html

And this...oh MAN!!! This beast just popped up! a GREAT lookin 22 ft Chieftan!
I'd walk away with this for 1,500 I bet..ohhhh drool:eek:

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/boa/1276191963.html

61 Holiday

Petty Officer 2nd Class

...decisions, decisions... where to begin Kev?

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL Kev why is it every time you go out of town all the Starcrafts pop up on Craigs :D. Hows Voodoo city anyhow get ya some gumbo yet :D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

...decisions, decisions... where to begin Kev?

I could throw a dart and be happy with any of em...happy-err with the little SS

LOL Kev why is it every time you go out of town all the Starcrafts pop up on Craigs :D. Hows Voodoo city anyhow get ya some gumbo yet :D.

Rick

Ya know Rick..I dont know why..because the good lord knows if I wasn't using my travel expense cash..I'd be buying starcrafts...spent all day up in Layeffete with prospects doing training..did manage a great shrimp po boy for lunch!!!

Numlaar

Chief Petty Officer

Yes, it is sickening! not exactly FREE.....this time
Heres a 18 ft Holiday (a '63) with a 100 hp OB..ready to drop in the water..
Bet a grand would get it

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/boa/1314503356.html

A 16 foot SS..ready to go, but 1,500 bux

http://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/1312497409.html

How about a 25 ft hull to make a monster center console out of? (25 ft???)

http://staugustine.craigslist.org/boa/1282045522.html

And this...oh MAN!!! This beast just popped up! a GREAT lookin 22 ft Chieftan!
I'd walk away with this for 1,500 I bet..ohhhh drool:eek:

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/boa/1276191963.html

Heheh thanks Kev!

Sadly, my budget right now for anything is Free or nada...

I haven't worked in 7 months, so money is realllly thin right now... If I were to drop one more dollar on anything boat related the Mrs would seriously blow a fuse!

But appreciate you checking for me!

If you see something that someone needs "hauled off" that I can definitely do, at least I have space where I am at to store stuff!

Num

/edit - I just checked the link for the 25' one... it's sitting on a single axle trailer?!?!? Bet the tongue weight on that is insane LOL

sschefer

Rear Admiral

Let me throw my name in the hat for the Tinny Fest. I just contracted a major software conversion project and I should be just about ready for a month of vacation by then. I've been waiting to get the deal signed before I made any committment.
My thoughts at this very moment are to rent a large motor home and tow my Tinny. I'll probably have to repack the bearings a couple of times along the 2500+ miles because I'll fish my way across the states. I'll come out from the Shakey State via Hwy 40 (route 66) because running down into Texas adds too much to the trip. I've already fished some of the northern (Hwy 80) route so maybe it's time I did the Midwest run. Once I'm past Texas, it's no sweat to bounce around north and south since it just feels like a shorter trip when you can actually traverse a state in a day.

I won't need lodging and would be really flexible with where I actually end up staying so save the advanced reservations for those that really need them.

I'm thinking that once the fest is over, I'll turn the motor home in and either sell my Tinny or ship it back and then fly home.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

If you are serious....you're really going to make Kev look bad :)

Andy in NY

Commander

Let me throw my name in the hat for the Tinny Fest. I just contracted a major software conversion project and I should be just about ready for a month of vacation by then. I've been waiting to get the deal signed before I made any committment.
My thoughts at this very moment are to rent a large motor home and tow my Tinny. I'll probably have to repack the bearings a couple of times along the 2500+ miles because I'll fish my way across the states. I'll come out from the Shakey State via Hwy 40 (route 66) because running down into Texas adds too much to the trip. I've already fished some of the northern (Hwy 80) route so maybe it's time I did the Midwest run. Once I'm past Texas, it's no sweat to bounce around north and south since it just feels like a shorter trip when you can actually traverse a state in a day.

I won't need lodging and would be really flexible with where I actually end up staying so save the advanced reservations for those that really need them.

I'm thinking that once the fest is over, I'll turn the motor home in and either sell my Tinny or ship it back and then fly home.

wow, talk about a plan! maybe i'll come with an exta truck and buy your boat and bring it home.

"hey honey, look i won a boat on a raffle at tinstock!" Think she would believe THAT one???

sschefer

Rear Admiral

I sure am looking forward to it. Maybe I'll bring the Mariner 100 along with me and we can do a Merc/Mariner/Force/Yamaha repair challenge. This engine pretty much covers all those brandings. Whoever makes it run right has to keep it. If nobody can make it run right, (pretty good odds), we torch it in the moonlight and sell the scrap aluminum to help pay for the beer. Yeah, now that's a plan!

Andy in NY

Commander

I sure am looking forward to it. Maybe I'll bring the Mariner 100 along with me and we can do a Merc/Mariner/Force/Yamaha repair challenge. This engine pretty much covers all those brandings. Whoever makes it run right has to keep it. If nobody can make it run right, (pretty good odds), we torch it in the moonlight and sell the scrap aluminum to help pay for the beer. Yeah, now that's a plan!

i'll drink to that!

JimbC

Chief Petty Officer

WOW this is getting better and better every time I read it I just hope like hell I will have my boat ready and I'll be available when the time comes. Just a thought I am a logo and graphics kinda guy so if any help is needed in any of this just ask. Here is a logo I made from scratch for a model plane club a few years back . This next one is the logo for my lawn care buisness. Made this one as well. The next one was a business card I was doing for my father-in-law but had to scrap it for copyright laws..... Disney sent a letter, I tried to tell him that one would not fly. I've also made and put together a couple of football programs (books) 80+ and 50+ pages for a couple of high schools here locally. I have made and done remakes of 1000's of logos. So like I say if any help is needed give me a call.:D PS: not sure why the last link didn't work I'll fix it later.:confused: Ok couldn't get the links to work so just click here to see the logo examples. http://picasaweb.google.com/jbcrumbley/Logos#

Rickairmedic

Commander

Jim I appreciate the offer . Actually if you look further back in this thread you will see 2 possible Logo's that Bret did up maybe the 2 of you could brainstorm together and work up a killer Logo for us . I am going to have T shirts and some banners done up with the Logo once we get a final desighn or 2 that everybody is happy with.

Rick

61 Holiday

Petty Officer 2nd Class

As I look at all of these suggestions, it occured to me that my younger brother does custom painting on race cars, helmets, motorcycles etc... If anyone so desired, I'm sure he could paint an engine cover or whatever with whatever custom logos you came up with. Hey flames or whatever else for that matter... not tyring to sell anything but just a thought...
John

Andy in NY

Commander

heres an idea that NB just came up with as i was saying i had no way to get video of me runnin the boat wide open...

if anyone has a high quality camera (still and video) we could do a little "photo shoot" of our boats in the water... like me i have no way to get one actually out on the water... same for video.

anyone have an HD camcorder?? :D

North Beach

Commander

heres an idea that NB just came up with as i was saying i had no way to get video of me runnin the boat wide open...

if anyone has a high quality camera (still and video) we could do a little "photo shoot" of our boats in the water... like me i have no way to get one actually out on the water... same for video.

anyone have an HD camcorder?? :D

Andy I already have this covered.

Andy in NY

Commander

alright, question for everyone who plans on attending.

anyone possibly going to be flying solo? i may end up solo and was thinking that if there was anyone else we could think about sharing a room or campsite.

thoughts?