orlando clipper

coolguy147

Commander
well ive been working on an orlando clipper lately.

any info picture u got on it? i dont know what year it is. its rated to 45hp and the serial number is 185 any help?

rich64

Cadet
Re: orlando clipper

It's good to hear from a fellow owner,we seem to be few. Information about the old clipper is pretty hard to come by ,try a google search. Here are some pics of mine. She is a 14 footer, I did some modifications to make it more comfortable to fish out of. Was pushing it with a 15 hp evinrude last year , she planed out pretty good with 2 people and gear .This year I bought a 25 hp johnson ,can't wait to get it on her (damn weather). Mine is titled as a 1968 but the vin plate with the hp ratings and other info is gone. They are made of heavier gauge aluminum than most boats of the same size so the hp rating is a little more .here is a link to the whole project. http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1208478217/0 It was my first boat modification project so I was pretty excited about it.

Attachments

• Img0018.jpg
    Img0018.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Img0019.jpg
    Img0019.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Img0020.jpg
    Img0020.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Img0021.jpg
    Img0021.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Img0022.jpg
    Img0022.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Orlando Clipper were built in the Orlando area they were a copy of SportCraft, and i think Cobia swallowed them up. they were built in the 60's. good boats. those builder stole ideas from each other back then. Cobia, Sport Craft, Orlando Clipper, Bonita all of them located in central Florida.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Looks like a great fishing set up.

coolguy147

Commander

when i first met the owner of the boat. he kept bugging me that clipper specially made fishing boats. but they ahd an occasional ski boat. the one i have. i tell u right now that its fast!!@@!@#! planes out in like 2 seconds. ( maybe 3-4) but pretty good for only 35hp on it. i love it.

everything on the boat is fine trnasom was replaced some years ago. no leaks. windshield has very very minor little scratches just from age. only used once the st johns river.( salt water)

just wnated to get some ideas and what u guys created ur boats to be

chevynut

Cadet

I have a, what I beleive is a 1958 Orlando Clipper.

I bought from a guy who never got the title from the guy he got it from and can't find him. I am trying to track down the old owner but the DMV needs to know the hull number. The identification plate on the boat has only 3 numbers for the serial number.

Does your title/registration have a 12 digit Hull Identification Number? Maybe the ORLANDOCLP+3 numbers?

Please let me know, It will save me lots of time and effort if I can give them a 12 digit HIN.

Thanks, Mike

Attachments

• 100_1390small.JPG
    100_1390small.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 1

coolguy147

Commander

i dont know the year not even sure of a hull number. ya i got a seiral number on mine in the very front with max hp

i dont know where the hull number and i dont think im gonna give u mine. is the hull numbers the ones in the front and side

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

i dont know the year not even sure of a hull number. ya i got a seiral number on mine in the very front with max hp

i dont know where the hull number and i dont think im gonna give u mine. is the hull numbers the ones in the front and side

lol.."Sir..This boat is CURRENTLY registerd...It says so right here..In fact it was just renewed last week"...lol;)

chevynut

Cadet

I have a hull number on my boat. Your boat hull number should only be portion of the Title/registration ID or number that the State has on record.

I am only asking you what is this part of the ID minus your hull number is. I am assuming that this part of the ID would be the same for all Orlando Clippers?

This would make it a lot easier and timely for me to find the current owner of my boat and then get the title transfered.

I hope I am making sense of what I am looking for.

Thanks, Mike

Last edited:

coolguy147

Commander

sorry dont have title in hand. its with the other owner. in which im eagerly waiting to come back so i can take his boat out for a fine tune ups and a great time on the water

it was last registered in 1998 i believe

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

The slight attempt at humor was that you gave out your ID#
Then it was used to register somebody else's boat..So in turn when you go to register YOUR boat, they tell you it has been reg'd allready..

guess ya had to be here..lol

keepNitreel

Chief Petty Officer

The slight attempt at humor was that you gave out your ID#
Then it was used to register somebody else's boat..So in turn when you go to register YOUR boat, they tell you it has been reg'd allready..

guess ya had to be here..lol
I thought it was funny, I was pictured the look on his face:eek: when the clerk told him that :D

coolguy147

Commander

lol i still dont know what hes asking for. yet i still wouldnt give out any numbers lol.

hey nice boat but mines better:D

keepNitreel

Chief Petty Officer

Chevynut I think it's time you try another route on getting your boat reg. You may have to go the homemade route if your state allows that method. Take this as a learning experiance & remember all you have to go threw because you bought a boat without proper paperwork, I'm sure you won't let it happen with the next boat purchase.

Coolguy, I'm just trying to get your thread back on track, seems it took a detour ;)

chevynut

Cadet

I could do the homemade route, but wanted it to be a registered as a Orlando Clipper. I guess I will have to go through with the way the state wants me to do it. So I am sure it will be a long drawn out process with all the red tape.

Wish me luck.

keepNitreel

Chief Petty Officer

I could do the homemade route, but wanted it to be a registered as a Orlando Clipper. I guess I will have to go through with the way the state wants me to do it. So I am sure it will be a long drawn out process with all the red tape.

Wish me luck.
I do wish you luck, I think you will come out on this ok. Now let's give coolguy147 his thread back, start your own thread & we can continue the trip with you on that thread.