Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Huron Angler

Admiral
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Going to look at this one tomorrow just for ***ts and giggles.....

http://wyoming.craigslist.org/boa/1617858023.html

i have a 1979 starcraft with a 350 inboard motor in it and the outdrive is no good. i have no intention on messing with it. the seats may need re done. i do not know if the motor is any good on it. it will need work to get it on the water. i dont have any pictures of it but if anyone wants to see it it is at a shop. in storage. no bill is due on it. i registered it till 2011 but have never used it and dont want to spend the money to fix it. a person offered me 300 for it but has not paid anything on it so i will settle for 300 or after seeing it if that is to much please make an offer and i will more than likely take it so i can have it gone. if interested email me then i will say where it is and give you my phone number to set up a time and day. the place it is i will call and make sure they are open. they usually are monday thru friday but not on weekends. it is in a fenced yard to so it has to be when they are there. also i do not have a cover for it and the trailer will need rewired for the tail lights. it is tandem axle. bought this off ebay so dont know much about it again. please serious inquiries only. thank you

Did you buy that Starcraft? Posting is deleted.

No bids on this deal of the century yet?!? It's "probably" not the fastest hull design and "probably" not going to see much bidding action any time soon.:rolleyes:

kamby

Petty Officer 1st Class

No bids on this deal of the century yet?!? It's "probably" not the fastest hull design and "probably" not going to see much bidding action any time soon.:rolleyes:

Its only what 29 millions, thats what a months worth of starbucks :rolleyes: lol

Surprised ebay hasn't shut it down yet it reeks of being a scam new seller from Singapore hmmm

QC

Supreme Mariner

Come on kamby, it's only $21 Million. Don't exaggerate. And on his website he says he reserves the right not to take the highest offer. Plus what would you expect to pay for somebody's dream?

The first dream was of an immense boat in extreme high water, a vision of a silvery-gray, massive, wide deck boat propelled by itself towards him. Subsequently, another dream revealed several boats linked together by white manila ropes trailed by a shepherd holding a stick. The final and third was the apposite that sent him scurrying to the drawing board, it was the scantling of a "DUOLOGY" moving in a vertical manner,
[FONT=&quot] slightly tilted backward, so as to expose its underside.

WTF?

[/FONT]

kamby

Petty Officer 1st Class

Come on kamby, it's only $21 Million. Don't exaggerate. And on his website he says he reserves the right not to take the highest offer. Plus what would you expect to pay for somebody's dream?

The first dream was of an immense boat in extreme high water, a vision of a silvery-gray, massive, wide deck boat propelled by itself towards him. Subsequently, another dream revealed several boats linked together by white manila ropes trailed by a shepherd holding a stick. The final and third was the apposite that sent him scurrying to the drawing board, it was the scantling of a "DUOLOGY" moving in a vertical manner,
[FONT=&quot] slightly tilted backward, so as to expose its underside.

WTF?

[/FONT]

Thats what i said when i saw the website, not sure where i got 29mil. I never noticed the part about "has the right to reject the offers". So essentially you win the auction and he could take your money and decide not to release the plans. And i some how doubt paypal buyer protection covers that.

ddrieck

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Nope, missed it by a few hours...PO showed me a few pictures and it was well worth the Asking Price. If I had been able to buy it I was going to flip it this spring for $1500.00.

Oh well, win some and ya lose some...

Bluesmobile

Seaman

Got my boat off craigslist for $900. I supposed I should have acted stupid so I could of gotten it cheaper. The seller didn't know anything about boats but I was happy that he stored it in his garage.
To prop up motor, he used a 2x4 (showed him the pin)
somehow I missed the soft floor entirely (fiberglass floor cracked day after)
motor ran in trash can (at least it was in water)
but went 5mph on the water(engine problems)
Gouge on keel (said it was from his lawnmower)

Well anyway I dont know how the guy came across this boat but he did have the title so I know that it wasn't stolen (i hope not, but he did have alot of random stuff in his garage). But it was what I was looking for (trashed interior, boat floats, motor ran)
Now I'm really glad that I got this boat especially with all the work I've put into it. Its worth it.

Ace52

Petty Officer 3rd Class

found this ad the pic made me laugh

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/boa/1627386345.html

3nd3ka3md5Tc5Pc5Raa33fdd821ec7b7a195e.jpg

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/boa/1619471971.html

1972 Penn Yan Project Boat - $500 (Leechburg)

A friend of mine sold me a boat a couple years back that he forgot to take the plug out of and drain the block over the winter. Sooooooo.... The wood rotted some in the floor, some water got into the engine, and there is/was a small crack in the block on the engine. The crack in the block is very small, and I stuck some cold weld on it since it is not in a cylinder wall. The engine turns over with a crescent wrench, but I've never started it. It was going to fix it up, but then I caught my wife cheating on me and sending dirty pictures to other guys.

To make a long story short, the boat is in my ex-wife's name, and will very shortly be in mine. It's a 21 foot fiberglass V-hull. It has a Chevy 327 V8, trailer, 2 covers, and a bunch of other crap. I don't have time for it. It's a nice looking boat. Email me for pics (of the boat, not my ex-wife). It's frozen in place right now, but once everything thaws, I want it out of my yard. I'm sick of looking at it.

Poor guy. But I still want to see pics...lol

Hilarious :D:D

HappierWet

Master Chief Petty Officer

1989 Evinrude 9.9 - $600 (Poconos)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-03-05, 10:15PM EST
Reply to: sale-epmkm-1630787737@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1989 Evinrude 9.9 longshaft tiller in almost new condition never left outside and always maintained by an OMC certified dealer

?Location: Poconos
?it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1630787737

Saw this one and have to figure it hasn't ben maintained in at least ten years.:D

scipper77

Commander

This seems like the typical scam post to me. I'm not going to bother copying the pictures just know that the pics are of a perfect looking boat. I'm sure this ad will be flagged before most of you see it.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/boa/1633455199.html

2004 TAHOE Q4 FISH & SKI 19ft. - $4500 (rochester)
Date: 2010-03-07, 9:04PM EST
Reply to: sale-wqw9x-1633455199@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

The instruments on the console are spread in an arc over the wheel for easy viewing and have white-faced dials with black numbers that stand out. Testing the Q4 was a pleasure to drive with sure handling and dry rider. She was out of the hole in about 3.4 seconds and off to 30 miles per hour in about 6.7 secondsJust ahead of the instrument pod and before the windshield is an area for the driver to store their glasses when not being used.

crazyinkc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Heres a bargain. It even has the good ole 470 in it. Its 26 years old, 17ft and only $7000. What a deal! It even has trim issues. I would think at his asking price he would fix the two "minor problems".

http://ksu.craigslist.org/boa/1603474312.html

email this posting to a friend manhattan craigslist > for sale / wanted > boats
please flag with care:

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
1984 Mark Twain V Sonic - $7000 (Frankfort, KS)

Date: 2010-02-16, 12:01PM CST
Reply to: sale-rua2u-1603474312@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1984 Mark Twain V Sonic

Boat Specs:
17 Foot w/ Mercruiser I/O Drive. Less than 300 hours.
4 Cylinder 170 Horse Motor with aftermarket ski stainless prop. (Original prop still in box will be included.)
Bimini Top. Fitted Boat Cover. Aftermarket Rope Tower.
2nd Owner always stored inside. I purchased it from family.
Exterior of boat is immaculate. Inside is in unbelievable condition.

Ski Equipment:
2 sets of O'brein Ski's
Set of adult wood trainer ski's
Set of Children's ski's
Jobe Competition Slolam Ski
Knee Board
Several Ski Ropes / Some Brand New
Several Life Jackets

There are two small issues. 1. The door at the front of the interior of the boat is in need of repair. The screws have come out of the hinges. 2. The trim up is not working currently. I believe this is a minor issue with the trim limiter on the out drive.

You have to see this boat to believe the condition it is in. We are selling it due to time constraints.

Please email any questions or call Shane at 785-562-****.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1603474312

Copyright ? 2010 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

I edited the number so the seller wouldn't get too much greif from you guys or if he ends up actually selling the boat or gives up and realizes he is asking about three time what its worth.

skargo

Banned
Last edited by a moderator:

skargo

Banned

Interesting, rebuilt from the ground up, yet they couldn't get a few cans of spray bomb to make it look a little nicer?

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/boa/1638433881.html

3nc3k03pc5T65P55R0a3a1a1ff90d02841554.jpg

50 hp Johnson outboard short shaft. Bought motor had motor rebuilt from ground up. new prop, scag protector. comes with controlls. runs good must sell. 800 or best offer

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Wow those are some real deals Scott! On the first one, what do you want from Glen Burnie? :p and the second one, I bet there isn't 1 new part on that motor.