A Tribute to and Remembrance of Lester Wright (SBN)

LadyFish

Admiral
We've all lost a very dear friend today. November 26, 2008 marks the passing of someone we cherished, someone who touched us all in such a positive way.

This thread is to serve as a celebration of Lester's life. Please post how you first came to know Les and what he meant to you.

NOTE:

In honor of Lester, iboats will be temporarily moving all of DC to another area. All you will see is this thread.

DC will be back up Monday morning and everything that exists now in DC will be returned.

The iboats team of staff and moderators would like to take time out and pay Lester the respect he deserves. The next several days will be about accolades and paying tribute to our dear friend.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: A Tribute to Lester Wright

yes, one of most beloved members and moderator. he will always be in our lives. whether his was Spinner Bait Nut or SBN. he was always, good ole Lester, a great friend, and father.

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

This world will be a much colder place without him.

My condolences his family. Rest in peace my friend.

aspeck

Staff member

I learned who Lester was through iboats.com. From that developed emails, PMs, etc. The man had one of the biggest hearts I have ever seen and would do anything to help anyone if he could. His posts would always bring a smile to my face and you could count on Lester to be a voice of reason and bring peace and calm to any situation. Mischievious he was, but you knew where his heart was and you could not get upset even if you were the brunt of his teasing.

His work with children as Santa Claus was extra-ordinary. His love for all mankind was exemplary. He left a HUGE footprint everywhere he went. His shoes will be hard to fill on this earth. Lester, you will definitely be missed by all who had the privilege of being touched by your big heart - husband/father/friend. Our prayers go heavenward on behalf of all your family and friends.

azlakes

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Very sad news indeed, so young. I only knew him thru iboats. When I saw a post or reply from Lester it was a first draw for me. His signature was like a familiar place in the harbor. Hard to explain.

Deepest condolences to you folks who knew him well and his family.

Farewell SBN

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

Rest in Peace my Friend. You will be missed :(

Eric​

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

lester.jpg

lester1.jpg

Lester's Signature quote KEEP ON KEEPING ON!

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Bondo

Staff member

Oh No,.... I'm so sorry,.... Farewell My Friend....

gonfishn

Commander

Spinner and i joined Iboat about the same time in 2002. It was from there we developed a close friendship. During Iboats earlier days Spinner and I tried to have a get together(roundo) A place was decided which was somewhere around St Louis. In the beginning over fifty folks were going to attend. Well only three of us showed. Spinner and I live only 100 miles from each other but drove 400 miles to meet each other. We had tshirts and gift certificates for three folks. Needless to say we all won.. I lost 50 lures that trip which blew out of the boat. He still held that over my head for years.

Our second roundo was held at Watts bar in Tenn. I think we had four this time.
BubbaKat and i got lost and Spinner would spin his tale about us whenever he could.

Over the years we camped together and fished. Each trip has its own story. MayFloat and Brian Fd. came once and i scared the heck out of Mayfloats wife after she made the mistake on getting in Gonfishns boat for a ride..

He was here for me when i had my grand opening as I am here for him now. My knowledge of boats is nil but Spinner would patiently help me figure it out.

I could go on and on here. I will miss my friend and i will always have a void in my heart now that he is gone. Right now he is looking down and smiling after some of my confessions here. Rest in piece my friend and catch that big one for me

LadyFish

Admiral

Les shared this is several of us last year, December 6th to be exact. He did 82 appearances in 30 days. He told us "No fake pillows or hair on this Santa."

santa.jpg

God bless you Lester. :)

gonefishie

Commander

Oh man.........so sorry to hear that! I only know spinner through iboats and really enjoyed all the funnies he posted. My deepest condolences to the Wright family. RIP my friend, may your final destination have perfect spinnerbait condition all the time.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

iboats, fishing in his Gambler, NHRA and NASCAR, Dodge trucks and his biggest joy was from the grandchildren.......

oops!

Supreme Mariner

im shocked....

my siscerest condolences to the family.

when i first joined the forum..........somehow or other spinners welcoming post to me, made me feel like a big arm came around me.
like a grandfather would welcome a grand son.

it sounds weird.....hard to put in words, dont know if any of you felt the same from him.

may the lord keep him, bless him, and give him peace.

LadyFish

Admiral

Words alone cannot describe the affection I have for Les.

I met Les about 7-8 years ago on iboats. I actually joined under another name in 2001. His "joke of the day" posts, always kept us laughing with his sense of humor and quick wit. He welcomed new members with open arms and an open heart just as he's done everywhere. Les was like a big ole bear hug.

We've all cried with him over the loss of his brother on 911 and more recently with yet another tradgedy that nearly devastated him. But Les was never one to ponder too long on the negative, he kept on "keepin on" as he would put it and thats how he approached life.

Les served as a confidant, a friend, a person who's simple honesty and integrity made him a hero to all of us. His compassion for others was genuine and so appreciated. He was truly one special guy!

There is a hole in my heart today with the loss of someone who was so special to me, and I know I share that sentiment with everyone else here. We were blessed that he crossed our paths and are better because of it. Knowing him as we do, makes this day one we will never forget. It also makes it a very difficult one since none of us ever had the chance to say goodbye.

Whoever thinks online friends are just a figment of your imagination is wrong. I feel as close to Les as if he lived right down the street even though we never actually met in person. This is real friendship and real loss, and it hurts.

Les my friend, may you be with God to continue your work. He obviously has more plans for you. Since you were our angel on earth, I can only imagine what you will be now.

Rest in peace Les, we love you and...

"JUST KEEP ON, KEEPING ON"?

D

DJ

Lester was a true freind, of not only me but everyone he met and touched the lives of.

I never actually met the man but we did talk and traded hundreds of emails. Nonetheless, we developed a long and great friendship.

This is a true loss to all of us here at iboats and to many that he did spend time with: The Great-SBN.

May God Bless You, my friend. Rejoice in Heaven as is so richly deserved.

My best to the Wright family.

new_boater

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: A Tribute to and Memberance of Lester Wright

A terrible loss for all.:(
SBN, The Good Lord has called you home and the world is a dimmer place without you in it

the best way i could think to honor you is to borrow you signature line
i hope the you approve:)

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

Being still fairly new to these forums, the one thing I've learned in my short time here is that there are many members on this site, but several were always in the mix being helpful, patience, and sometimes just downright funny.

Spinner was one of those folks who stood out for me amongst the couple of dozen or so 'regulars'. Not having a chance to know Spinner and only experienced his nature from his posts over a short while, what I can tell from this thread is he was a pillar of this boating forum and many others. The pictures and comments pay a genuine tribute to a man who appeared to be a giving, caring individual who left an unfortunate void in his family and this online community.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Lester family at this time.

OldMercsRule

Captain

Very sad news. JR

dolluper

Captain

Very chocking news......My very best to Lesters family.....He will be missed sincerely...Thats all to sad