1982 GW, 24' Project (UPDATED W/PICS)

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1982 GW, 24' Project (UPDATED W/PICS)

Hey, Ron...good to see you and Gene back at it!! Just to let you know the grouper up here in Bayport sure don't miss you...they were tired of getting hooks out of their lips!:D
So Barb and I went out yesterday and caught three octopus...found a good Greek recipe and had them for dinner. You just don't know what you're missin when you're not fishin..:p
Still keeping a spot at the ramp open for ya'll...good to see ya back to it, lookin good..:)

LX Kid

Ensign

Thanks Guys! Thank I'll go and cook some squid now.

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

Rainy Monday in the Tampa area. Super Bowl is over and all the tourists are leaving...just wonderin how things are with you and the GW? Haven't seen a post in a while, so thought I'd drop a line...:)

FreeBeeTony

Captain

Any more progress?

Still interested in your performance numbers for comparison...........:)

LX Kid

Ensign

Hi guys! Well not a lot of progress lately. Everytime I turn around I find another piece that had to be cut out and glassed. Glad this was only going to be a 3-week project. Someone please thow a grenade in the boat so I have an excuse not to keep going. LoL In too deep now to back out! I hope it will make a nice Viking send off for me when the time comes! Motivation, motivation, motivation, motivation, montivation where can I find some?

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

Holy Cr@p....it's Ron!! :D
How are things? Thought you had drifted away from us to never return! Sure was good hearing you are still plugging away. As always, we can head out anytime you want and try our luck again. We don't have to wait for the brothers to come back into town......
Hope Gene is doing well. I have your number, will give you a call. Take care, Rick

LX Kid

Ensign

Be gone to the Lakeland trade show all weekend. Maybe I can make some cash to throw into the whirlpool! Ha

LX Kid

Ensign

Someone "PLEASE" throw me a lead life preserver and end all my termoil! The floating money pit is sucking all the life out of me! LoL You guessed it, nothing new has happened and nothing new to report. I'm still here though!

Tiwaz

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Gotta keep at it...... one step at time right?

F14CRAZY

Ensign

Someone "PLEASE" throw me a lead life preserver and end all my termoil! The floating money pit is sucking all the life out of me! LoL You guessed it, nothing new has happened and nothing new to report. I'm still here though!

it takes a lot of time and money to, um, right the ship, but in the end, it's worth it. There were times where that was all that kept me going but I prevailed

LX Kid

Ensign

Yes I am "still among the living!" Started to cool off now and am going to get back to work on the "S.S. Minnow" real soon. As you know I am having a lot of problems with re-fiberglassing the fuel bays. Last fall I wasted over $200 on materials trying to do it myself and so I just put the project on the back burner. Well it has sat on the back burner for almost a year and am tired of it being a yard ornament! Boat fiberglasser is going to come over and give an estimate to do the work on site. Says it would be around $500 depending on how much I've already done on the prep work. If all else fails, I have a very long blade to put on the sawz-all and will cut it up into trailer size pieces and head for the dump! LoL LX Kid

LX Kid

Ensign

Wow! You know I never realized that my posting has almost 10,000 views. I never paid much attention to it but I guess there's a lot of people learning right along with me. Thanks to all the viewers and posters helping me along with my restoration project! LX Kid

fixb52s

Chief Petty Officer

Hey Ron, I was wondering how it was coming.​

Don't worry about not keeping up with it. Life happens! Seems you are going to get back at it soon though.​

My CC has been sitting since June with a bad engine. I really need to find another engine and get it back on the water. Been having too much fun with this new one, and it's sad to see it sitting unused.

Mike​

LX Kid

Ensign

"Owchi Mama!" That's a nice boat you got there Mike. I don't blame you for letting the other sit. That's a whole lot more boat than your Cris Craft! With the way economy going you should be able to pick a motor up pretty reasonable. Ron

LX Kid

Ensign

Thought I share a picture of my first bass boat from my younger days in Texas. (Not really! My boat wasn't that good!)

RNBassBoat.jpg

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

OMG...Ron is that you?? I don't mean with the Texas bass boat, but back to posting again?? If that was your bass boat, you've gained some weight and lost some hair since those days.......:D

Lets see, since last year we have sold the KeyWest & bought another KeyWest. Three foot-itis set in. We would certainly welcome you and the other Holloway brothers back for a second annual fishing trip! November is almost here..

I could send you some pics of my TR-3 in the same state of affairs as your Grady....nothing done in over two years. Just changed addictions!

Yeah, your post had a huge following..you were undertaking a project many of us just think about but never try. If you really are thinking about a sawzall, call me first. I want some salvage rights...Hopefully not. With all the time and effort i don't think now is the time to call it quits.

I got your phone number around here somewhere..gonna look it up and give you a shout. Welcome back!!

LX Kid

Ensign

Hey Rick! Gene and I are up for drowning a few bait squid and shrimp! Could find a little gas money too. (Some of us fish and some us just dream about fishing! LoL) Thanks

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

Ahhh...200 posts! There you go, that's a magic number and means you have to make every effort to continue and finish. That's an order!
You and son Gene are both welcome to head up this way..I did get your number,so expect a call. I had recent eye surgery, so about a week away from dropping some lines.
Let's keep this thread open and current, give us some more pics as you make some headway and good luck working toward your desired results!