1972 MFG Gypsy

jkeller2

Recruit
I just bought a 1972 MFG Fishin' Gypsy 15. I bought it to for something to work on and to use. I would like to replace the decals and the windshield. I have not been able to find parts. Any help? :confused:

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1972 MFG Gypsy

Decals are not available, that I know of. I think the 72 had the flat windshield with triangle sides, right? If so, then you can buy a generic replacement from iboats or fabricate your own using aluminum stock and plexyglass.

You can still get emblems: http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=164509

jkeller2

Recruit

The one i bought has a center console. And all the photos I can find dont seem to have any of emblems on them. Today was the first outing on with the boat since i test drove it. All went well now i really have the bug to fix it up. I also wanted to let you know that your boat turned out very nice. If i am wrong about the emblems I would like to know where the go. What did you do for your decals?

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

If your boat had the metal emblems, there should be rivit holes where they were attached. If the boat had plastic emblems, they were stick on (I think) and may just leave a shaddow.

Stickers are just not available to my knowledge.

The emblems in that link were used up through the early to mid 70's. Some had the MFG flat letters, some had the MFG with a raised outline. I can do the flat letter style.

The more you work on the boat, the more you realize why it lasted so long. The hulls are very tough, and when wood was used, it took a long time to get wet and rot.

tallcanadian

Captain

you can go to your local screenprinter to make a decal. hope the one in the pic helps.