CNN debate is over

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
Well, tonight's debate on CNN is over and there's no doubt that a democrat won this one.:rolleyes:

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: CNN debate is over

Well I know my net worth is higher than Joe Biden's . . .

What bothered me was not the candidates responses, but the idealistic Democrat question askers and their silly questions. "Will you work for minimum wage?" "What are you gonna do for me and my snowboy son? We're melting . . . " - Anonymous Snowman. "How are you going to make us all healthy, wealthy and wise?" Jeez . . . :rolleyes:

bekosh

Lieutenant

I'm still waiting for someone to ask the dems the single most important question of the 2008 election.
What will you do to WIN the war?

I hear alot from them on how to lose it, but nothing about winning.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

I'm still waiting for someone to ask the dems the single most important question of the 2008 election.
What will you do to WIN the war?

I hear alot from them on how to lose it, but nothing about winning.
What & give 'Duh'bya the all the answers?!?.....:)

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

That was NOT a debate.

It was a friendly question and answer session.

LubeDude

Admiral

What & give 'Duh'bya the all the answers?!?.....:)

I really hope that this response was given in gest!

This is exactly what is making this country such a push over.

We are in this war and we should be working together to beat the h*ll out of the enemy, but "NO", we are p*ssing and moaning about politics instead of what is the right thing to do for our country.

We need to show the world that we are still a tough nation and not to mess with us.

Ya, I know, it all falls on deaf ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kalifornyakid

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I thought Dems don't win or loose? Aren't you supposed to all get together and share your enlightenment with everyone, so we can all be "empowered" and everyone can be just as dumb, I mean enlightend and on equal footing as everyone else?
I just don't get it! ;)

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I really hope that this response was given in gest!

This is exactly what is making this country such a push over.

We are in this war and we should be working together to beat the h*ll out of the enemy, but "NO", we are p*ssing and moaning about politics instead of what is the right thing to do for our country.

We need to show the world that we are still a tough nation and not to mess with us.

Ya, I know, it all falls on deaf ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A real world power does not have to "win" or "loose" a war.
A real world power enters a conflict when and how it chooses and it steps out of the conflict when and how it chooses.
The concept of winning does not enter the question. The very idea that we must win gives legitimacy to the enemy.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Sounds like a good liberal definition of a "real world power."

Waffle

Seaman

I am actually Hillary Clinton and I am getting a kick out of these replies. One day you will all be enlightened to the dangers of voting for one thing then saying you didn't mean it oops my bad. I have plenty of carbon offsets so I can jet around on a private plane while telling you that your boat burns too much gas, pollutes the water and the air and causes ice pack to melt drowning polar bears and raising sea levels.

Scary%20Hillary%20Clinton.jpg

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

A real world power enters a conflict when and how it chooses and it steps out of the conflict when and how it chooses.
The concept of winning does not enter the question. The very idea that we must win gives legitimacy to the enemy.

In the words of the caveman..........WHAT????

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Actually the war in Iraq was won a long time ago. It was a rousing success. It's the occupation afterwards that wasn't planned and has turned into a dismal failure.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Actually the war in Iraq was won a long time ago. It was a rousing success. It's the occupation afterwards that has been longer than expected as they continue to blow each other up. Hard to anticipate, as rational people don't do that. If we simply monitor known hot spots and protect innocent citizens, eventually the irrational, Islamic fanatics that teach this behavior will burn themselves out averting a dismal failure.
Thank God you finally get it!!!

The-Machinist

Petty Officer 1st Class

Actually the war in Iraq was won a long time ago. It was a rousing success. It's the occupation afterwards that wasn't planned and has turned into a dismal failure.

That is the most astute synopsis of our current military situation I have heard to date. Bravo willy!

logartist

Cadet

You enter and exit a friendly game of poker "when you choose"....not a war. War is not a game you can bow out of when its not going your way. There are consequences for defeat. In this case, it would show the world how weak we have become...how easily our resolve dissolves. It will set in stone the formula for our defeat to be used by any future enemy: "Just hold out, you don't have to defeat their military; their OWN PEOPLE will do that for them. They can't stomach more than a couple months of war before they'll start demanding that the troops be sent home, and then you're home free....hold out til they vote in the Democrats and your victory will be complete."

I can't believe this is the same nation that rallied to the fight in WWII and never waivered til it was won. THAT "American people" understood that when you've committed the troops, there is no exit to choose except victory. Who in their right mind in 1944 would have suggested that we withdraw from the Pacific because the Japanese were misunderstood and Pearl Harbor was America's fault for being a trade bully? Smetimes I'm almost embarrassed to be an American.

LubeDude

Admiral

You enter and exit a friendly game of poker "when you choose"....not a war. War is not a game you can bow out of when its not going your way. There are consequences for defeat. In this case, it would show the world how weak we have become...how easily our resolve dissolves. It will set in stone the formula for our defeat to be used by any future enemy: "Just hold out, you don't have to defeat their military; their OWN PEOPLE will do that for them. They can't stomach more than a couple months of war before they'll start demanding that the troops be sent home, and then you're home free....hold out til they vote in the Democrats and your victory will be complete."

I can't believe this is the same nation that rallied to the fight in WWII and never waivered til it was won. THAT "American people" understood that when you've committed the troops, there is no exit to choose except victory. Who in their right mind in 1944 would have suggested that we withdraw from the Pacific because the Japanese were misunderstood and Pearl Harbor was America's fault for being a trade bully? Smetimes I'm almost embarrassed to be an American.

Ya, me too!!!!! Our forfathers are not just rolling in there graves, they are spinning like a gyro!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I tell you libs that I want you and your families dead and you ask if there is anything you can do to change my mind,Money,Land, maybe a new house or a new car, I will tell you "NO", I just want you all dead and that night you see me walking up to your house fully armed, what are you going to do? Ask me to come in for a beer and talk?

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

stoned.gif
Perhap's in 300-400 yrs we will be there, when our tech and abiltiy to communicate is so vastly superior that any aggressor would see there inferior position

Today while we have the power to simply end the middle east in a matter of 45 min's with no retalliation from them, they do not get it. While they are not by any mean's taking a toll on the ability of the US to conduct...... what shall i say to conduct business, but they are hurting us by dividing us and killing our childern, and weaking our resolve.

I could go on and on and on, but ask yourself this. If we do indeed pull out or show sign's of moderation and they percieve this as weakness, and one day we do have a WMD attack.......only the god of all will be able to help them, it will be horrific, for both the guilty and the innocent for us all.

Now that may seem a bit of a jaded response and it is. I am older now and have lost some of my youthful hope and faith, or maybe perhap's i now understand there are repercusion's for my action's, there is no white knight that is going to pick me up and deliver me. And watching the you tube for a bit that is what i saw, it seem's no one is portraying there is no white knight.......or actually there is look in the mirror and start working on it.

OldMercsRule

Captain

Rolmops, are you through the lookin' glass? Murky needs a bit of yer stash so his single brain cell can come to grips with what you just said. I guess we live on different planets.

Hmmmmm, "real world power" must mean a facist dictatorship don't know of any democracies that work that way in the history of this particular planet. Got some of that smoke?

Wow, ya really don't care about winning a war ya enter into. I guess it's kinda like a video game then? That smoke must be very powerfull. JR