Ottawa knocks out Buffalo

dolluper

Captain
Well in overtime Ottawa wins ,now we are inthe quest for Stanley Who will it be with Detroit {hope so }or Aninheim?????

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: Ottawa knocks out Buffalo

Not much been going on for this Maple Leaf fan recently as I am sure you are all aware !!!
If it is Senators v Ducks then I would like to see the Senators win it in 7 after a great and exciting series.
If it is Senators v Detroit then I would like to see Senators in a 4 game sweep !!
Either way "Go Senators"

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Well sorry Ken but I hope you've missed the boat! I'm confident that the Swedish team will win it all. (That would be the Wings!)

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Well sorry Ken but I hope you've missed the boat! I'm confident that the Swedish team will win it all. (That would be the Wings!)

You know I used to like the wings until I started going to some of their games. I get to go to quite a few of both the wings and leafs games during the season through work.
At the leaf games win or lose the fans are very cordial with each other both during and after the game no matter what the score is . I have been at bars after the game where I meet fans of the opposing team and win or lose we chew the fat and have a beer or 2, leaving as friends that support 2 different teams.
At the red wing games on the other hand there is an out and out hatred shown by the fans to the opposing team. Opposing fans suffer abuse and things thrown at them (especially if the wings are losing) and after the game they get either abused because their team lost or because their team won and they only did because "the refereeing was bad"
This may be only a handfull of the wing supporters that do this but I sit in all different areas of the arena and see the same thing each time. (maybe the handfull follow me around !! LOL)
I have no beef with the team themselves and think they are a very skilled and professional outfit and have nothing but admiration for the vast majority of the players.
I have very little knowledge of other teams arenas but these 2 places are worlds apart.

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Ken, I have never been to a Wings game so I cannot testify except to say there is no excuse for the behavior you describe. It's a shame how quickly a couple of drunk morons can ruin things for others. I have experienced carp like that at Lions games and as such haven't been back in years.
Totally agree with you on the Wings organization.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Ken, I have never been to a Wings game so I cannot testify except to say there is no excuse for the behavior you describe. It's a shame how quickly a couple of drunk morons can ruin things for others. I have experienced carp like that at Lions games and as such haven't been back in years.
Totally agree with you on the Wings organization.

Yes it is a sad situation. Especially as I live just the other side of the Detroit River. (actually about 30 minutes east of the bridge) It is actually embarrasing at times when I am there with some business associates and they happen to support the other team. Completely different story in Toronto. Great team both managed and played but those few fans we seem to meet each game !!!! unfairly put you off the team and what it stands for.
Never been to a Lions game as I do not really understand Football. (I am a soccer fan)
Thanks for the feedback and may the best team win !!!

DaleT

Chief Petty Officer

Ken, I am truly sorry you have had those experiences. I go to a handful of games a year and have never witnessed that. Thats not to say it isn't happening. If I may ask which pubs are you frequenting after games? As a life long Detroiter this may help me to see which crowds you are dealing with. Regardless, there is absolutely no excuse for that type of behavior. It does exactly what you stated as well as turn people off to the city as a whole.

Lets go Wings, (6:37 to go in game 5 with a 1-0 lead) I want the sens.

FWIW, if the Wings make it past the Ducks there will be for the first time ever a European trained player as captain on a Stanley Cup winning team.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Ken, I am truly sorry you have had those experiences. I go to a handful of games a year and have never witnessed that. Thats not to say it isn't happening. If I may ask which pubs are you frequenting after games? As a life long Detroiter this may help me to see which crowds you are dealing with. Regardless, there is absolutely no excuse for that type of behavior. It does exactly what you stated as well as turn people off to the city as a whole.

Lets go Wings, (6:37 to go in game 5 with a 1-0 lead) I want the sens.

FWIW, if the Wings make it past the Ducks there will be for the first time ever a European trained player as captain on a Stanley Cup winning team.
Hello There Dale,
Just for the record. I am a mechanical engineer in the automotive industry based in Canada. I spend countless days in Detroit at the major auto manufacturers plants and also some of our major suppliers there. I can catergorically state that I have NEVER had any issues whatsoever wherever I have been in the Detroit area with the exception of the Joe Louis Arena, the Olympia room in the Joe Louis Arena and the Hockeytown bar next to the Fox theatre that we visit after the games from time to time. I have visited the same bar on many other occasions when there has not been a hockey game on with no problems at all. Please do not get me wrong with this, I have no issues with Detroit in general in fact I have met some great, friendly and helpfull people there. Just what I have experienced at the hockey games and it never seems to go away !!!

Well the wings will have to win the next one eh !!!!

DaleT

Chief Petty Officer

Ken, I took no offense to your experiences here. I understand all to well how in certain circumstances things go sour. I only asked because I belong to several groups that advocate presenting a positive image of Detroit and I find it helps more to see those times when people experience things that leave them less than enthused about the city. I know full well the types of people you are dealing with in the two establishments you mentioned and will state categorically that they are by and large not Wings fans, let alone hockey fans, but merely bandwagon types with money to burn. You may find you have better experiences frequenting the Corktown or Greektown areas after games, if your clients are up for a little more casual atmosphere. These place can be as intimidating as the others but are usually more of the sports fan and will just rib you in good fun, at least thats what I've seen. Irregardless, I hope your future endeavors here are better than those of the past.

As my beloved Red Wings have now been eliminated from the quest, by the better team in the series (I don't believe in excuses), I hereby say GO SENS!!!!!

PS: I think we should get a pro-football team to play at the old Tiger Stadium.

bekosh

Lieutenant

Count me in for Senators too.
There is just something wrong with a hockey team named the Mighty Ducks.:p What's next? The Fluffy Bunnys?

Attachments

• Jackrabbit%20Hockey.gif
    Jackrabbit%20Hockey.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 0

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

After the chickenship Alferdsons deliberate shot at Nydermeyer at the end of the second period, I hope Ottawa loses the cup!! What a low class person he is. The only other thing I have ever seen in over 30 years is when the Av's player was sucker punched in the back of the head and broke his neck on the ice.
I like the fights, the hard hits, maybe a slash or two, but but what the sens capt did was sickening to me.
Rant off

sanssouci

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Plainsman...do you know what the sens favorite vegetable is?

Ottachoke

dolluper

Captain

Do you think the Sen's can come back??? ,they are sure not playing up to snuff

sanssouci

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Dolluper....stick a fork in them, cause there're done. In every series there is a turning point and Alfie's brain cramp was it.

I think Sens fans really underestimated the size,strength and skill of the Ducks.

Being a dumb Leaf Fan for the last fifty years has given me some insight.