As of this week across America, you don't want to eat spinach nor any
vegetables grown and picked by America's newest slave class. Restaurants
called for a ban on serving spinach salads. I'll bet most Americans shy
away from lettuce, cabbage and other leafy vegetables in the coming
weeks. They're all grown and harvested under the same conditions and
same people.

Why? As of Wednesday, 146 citizens in 23 states suffered E-Coli
infection and one died.

How do you think this disease outbreak occurred?

To bring it into sobering focus, please understand that 20 million
illegal aliens crossed into America in the past 20 years without any
kind of health screening. They work picking our food, washing our
dishes in restaurants and, as is the norm in Third World countries,
rarely if ever wash their hands after using the toilet. Additionally,
most of them suffer functional illiteracy. They do not practice
personal hygiene or health habits most Americans assume as a normal
aspect of living.

While on my 21st Century Paul Revere Ride this summer through 48 states,
I saw thousands of illegal aliens working in fields the length of
California. I rode through Salinas Valley where illegals cultivated
crops. I noticed porta-potties sometimes and none at other times. I
never saw hand washing facilities.

Pause for a moment, and consider cleanliness habits of Third World
people with a fifth grade education. Why does disease affect millions
in the Third World? What happens when millions migrate illegally to our
country? Might dozens or more do their morning constitutional amongst
the crops for lack of a porta-potty? Might the contamination be spread
across the fields by the common practice of flood irrigation? Would
flooding spread the contamination further? You never hear the major TV
networks address or experts talk about this aspect of the contamination
of our foods. It's a cover-up, plain and simple. They only report it
when it breaks out beyond their ability to squelch it. Remember Chi
Chi's Restaurants in Pennsylvania that killed several customers because
the work staff suffered hepatitis infections? Remember the Center for
Disease Control stating they thought the source originated in Mexican
fields i rrigated with sewage water?

Have you heard about the latest multi drug resistant tuberculosis
outbreaks in Philadelphia, Atlanta and near Cleveland this summer?
We've imported at least 16,000 cases of TB in the past five years
according to latest reports. Before that, TB was virtually extinct in
America.

Tuberculosis kills 2,000,000 people world wide annually. Where? In the
Third World! Why? Illiteracy, contaminated water, limited food and
lack of hospital care! We've imported 7,000 cases of leprosy in the
past three years. It's endemic to the northeast of the United States
for the first time ever. Have you heard about it by the major
networks? Not a chance!

In an April 25, 2004 front page story of the Santa Barbara News Press,
Anatomy of an Outbreak, one illegal alien infected 56 others with
tuberculosis. After he avoided police for months, they finally captured
him and placed him in quarantine. In September, 2005, a school child in
Fort Morgan, Colorado contracted tuberculosis while attending school.
How? An illegal alien student suffered from the disease, but was not
screened before attending school. Our national media silences these
outbreaks.

Do you see a pattern here? It's called Third World Momentum. All the
consequences affecting the Third World now manifest in our country. As
millions of illegals import themselves into the United States, they
bring diseases. They rarely change their sanitation habits or lack
thereof. They work in our meat and chicken processing plants at $6.00
an hour. Do you think they bring any responsibility and pride to their
work? As more corrupt CEOs bribe health inspectors and OSHA officials,
our food sources suffer degraded standards.

Illegal aliens by the millions work in our restaurants. Last spring, a
reader of this column from New York City reported, 'Our manager last
night ran cursing out the back door of the restaurant with a hand towel
box in his hand. Illegals had been using the toilet and threw their used
toilet paper into the box because that's what they do in Mexico because
sewage systems can't take tissue paper. The illegals had been throwing
their used toilet paper into the hand towel box! I traveled through
Mexico and saw it myself. This story represents the tip of an ugly
disease epidemic growing in America.'

As a nation, what we're facing is like a 50 car pile up on a foggy
morning on an expressway in Pennsylvania. Everyone speeding into the
blinding fog bank begins slowing down too late. Someone brakes hard
when another car slows down abruptly. The cars behind can't stop; the
chain reaction pile-up begins.

Doesn't anyone see what's happening to America? Apparently not!
Sixty-two of your 100 senators voted for S.B. 2611. That bill assures
our growth by 100 million in the next 34 years. However, that's 100
million people mostly from Third World countries. That ensures pockets
of poverty and disease already ravaging millions in those countries to
be transplanted into America.

For all Americans, this E-Coli outbreak stands as a harbinger of things
to come. When you degrade health standards, hire illegal aliens
carrying multiple of diseases or disease provoking habits, you've got a
national crisis in the making.

Ironically, even our U.S. Senators stand at risk as well as their
families. Even if they live in gated communities, at some point in
time, with these illegal aliens invading every nook and cranny of our
society everyone becomes vulnerable to disease, terror, death and fraud
wrought by this invasion.

With this E-Coli outbreak, even Popeye may find himself headed for the
emergency room. However, he'll be forced to wait in line behind
countless illegal aliens given free access ahead of him. Not only that,
he'll be paying for their doctor visits with his hard earned tax dollars.

This time, at the end of the cartoon, he won't be chortling with Olive Oyl.

JRJ

Commander
Re: When will we wake up?

At least you were driving. There could be real exposure on airplanes, trains, and cruise ships:%

ZodFutMk2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Unfortunately, some of the youngest and oldest won't get the chance to wake up.

Foxy is still hunting for those 250 cartons of wrapped head lettuce. Yes, the contamination can be spread via flood irrigation, that's how Nunes Farms found out that the lettuce was infected, they were running tests on their water discharge into the Salinas River.

Interesting that this happens now, in 2006. Migrants, illegals and quasi-legals have been harvesting in the Salinas Valley since before Bud Antle thought about planting lettuce (Bud was purchased by Dole Foods).

So what makes this "new" batch of workers so deadly to our health?

BTW, every crew bus is supposed to have a honey wagon with not only hand washing basins but sanitizing basins too.

It could be the workers taking a dump in the field or maybe it's that they are pumping water out of the ground faster than the treated sewage is being cleansed as it returns to the water table. Nice 1998 article: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/1998/08/24/MN90971.DTL

Good post!

ZmOz

Captain

SBN said:
I hate vegtables.

I concur. For me this is like the DMV being infected with something. Can't go to the DMV? Darn. I was so excited to go. If it doesn't bleed I don't eat it....d:)

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I always ask wether the food served is supposed to be good for me.
If the answer is yes,I won't eat it

crunch

Commander

BTW, every crew bus is supposed to have a honey wagon with not only hand washing basins but sanitizing basins too.

And I'm sure they all use it.... right?.... yea, right.

Just another reason to control the border and eject anyone here without papers.... and make them just as hard to counterfeit as our currency.

Tuberculosis kills 2,000,000 people world wide annually. Where? In the
Third World! Why? Illiteracy, contaminated water, limited food and
lack of hospital care! We've imported 7,000 cases of leprosy in the
past three years. It's endemic to the northeast of the United States
for the first time ever. Have you heard about it by the major
networks? Not a chance!

Not only in the NE. My wife is, amongst other things, the infection control nurse at a Large Nursing Home in Oregon. She just did TB tests on 50 staff and 140 residents... 10 staff and 70 residents tested positive... these are not good numbers.

i386

Captain

Original Article

I believe the US is a place of opportunity for anyone who wants to come here legally and make a life for themselves. Most of us are decendants of people who did the same.

Having said that, I believe immigration has become a serious problem. As I see it there are three sides to this problem. We need to address all three if we're going to fix this.

1. Most of the illegal immagrants are here because we have created a job market for them. They don't come here HOPING to find a job. They come here KNOWING someone will pay them to do some undesirable job. They'll do it for less than legitimate American workers. I live in the south. At least once a week I hear men bragging about some job they had done on the cheap because they just got some Mexicans to do it. If you know who to call you can arrange to pick up the required number of Mexicans to get it done on the cheap. If you're an American, and have this mentality you are part of the problem. You're the reason they're here. Big corporations, small business, or just the guy that gets in his truck to go round up a few illegals to get some job done, it's all the same. Think about this before you complain that the Mexicans are taking your jobs. They're not taking your jobs. Shady Americans are giving your jobs away to illegal immigrants. These people need to be held accountable. They won't come here illegally if there's no jobs. Why I don't I hear anyone saying this?

2. Border security. Take care on the first point I made and border security will be a lot more manageable. Doing so will reduce the number that are trying to get here in the first place. Sure, we still need to improve border security. I'm all for anything proposed that makes sense in this matter.

3. The ones that are already here. The knee-jerk reaction is to say ship 'em all back to where they came from. Sorry, I don't have a solution to this problem. I believe we are a big part of why they are here. I think it's at least in part a big mess that we made. For that reason, it just seems really unfair to send them back. I know many children will starve and have no future if they go back. But on the other side we have to protect our country. If they just all showed up one day and tried to take over the place it would be a lot easier to justify shipping them back.

I feel point 1 will go a long way to helping point 2. But point 3 is a tough one. I kinda feel like we made this bed...

Flame away...

crunch

Commander

I kinda feel like we made this bed...

I wonder if the relatives of the dead would feel the same?

i386

Captain

custombycrunch said:

Sorry, I don't know who you're referring to.

PW2

Commander

I do hope you all aren't really serious or actually believe this junk?

i386

Captain

I'm not buying that these immagrants are the desease carrying plague the author of that article says. I think he paints a picture a lot more grim than it really is (in the context of deseases). But I think we can all agree that illegal immigration is a problem no matter if we agree on the solution.

D

DJ

PW2,

What part of "illegal alien" don't you understand.

I would agree that the disease issue is the smallest of the issues that the alien influx represents. That is so much hysteria, IMHO. But, that seems to be waking people up.

crunch

Commander

DWJ said:
PW2,

What part of "illegal alien" don't you understand.

I would agree that the disease issue is the smallest of the issues that the alien influx represents. That is so much hysteria, IMHO. But, that seems to be waking people up.

We've been down this road with PW2 before...Illegal alien isn't in his vocabulary.

crunch

Commander

i386 said:
custombycrunch said:

Sorry, I don't know who you're referring to.

The people that have died from the E-coli outbreak.... you know, the spinach that killed your Avatar. 8) Now spread to lettuce and I’ll bet soon to any other fruit/vegetable.

woodrat

Ensign

E coli in the lettuce is now caused by those "dirty" immigrants? wow!

So if we kick out all the illegals, we won't have contaminated spinach? You're right, we wouldn't. We wouldn't have any spinach at all.

Maybe you should be complaining to he huge multi-nationals that pack our food. Volunteer to work in those packing plants for $6.00/hour so that proper clean americans will be paking the meat instead of dirty Mexicans. Or maybe you could head out to the fields to do some stoop labor in the sun all day for piece-work wages. See where you might take a crap if there is no porta-potty. I did migrant farm labor for part of a summer when I was 20. I was the oldest white person there. It was hard work for almost no pay.

As far as the third world being "dirtier" than we are, think what would happen if garbage service in any american city were turned off for two weeks? What if there was a two week interruption in water supply or sewage service? How fast do you suppose clean, proper Americans would be crapping in their backyards, and not washing their hands?

As offensive as I find your basic xenophobic premise, you do raise many good points about our food supply safety and make a compelling case for not shopping from the big multi-nationals and looking closer to home for produce and meat instead. Look for a local CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) project near you and buy a subscription to a local farm's produce. We just got one for the first time in several years near here and all summer have had lots of local (12 miles away), healthy and CLEAN produce, with no illegal alien labor involved. We have a freezer full of local beef that was raised about 5 miles away and butchered at a local, small family run business.

Some here will no doubt scoff at such a "hippie" idea and will trash on me for being a liberal (again) but it's a far easier solution for your own health and safey than exporting all the illegals, and then having to pay triple for your food because there is no cheap slave class to harvest it for you.

"I live in the south. At least once a week I hear men bragging about some job they had done on the cheap because they just got some Mexicans to do it. If you know who to call you can arrange to pick up the required number of Mexicans to get it done on the cheap. If you're an American, and have this mentality you are part of the problem. You're the reason they're here."

I know exactly what you are talking about, and I'm in the PNW. I have a couple of contractor friends who do use migrant labor every now and then. You know why? Because the mexicans show up, want to work, work hard all day without slacking or bitching for $8-10/hour doing $8-10/hour kind of work. And they can't wait to come back the next day, digging postholes or whatever. The white American citizens they've tried to hire mostly flake out, don't show up or show up late, stoned or drunk, don't like to work, ***** and moan all day long about how they should be paid more and have the right to stand around "on break" half the day, and then stop showing up altogether one day, leaving the job half done and forcing my friends to go down to the corner and find a willing Mexican or two to finish the job. I've worked with their Mexicans a few times and every one of them works hard and continuously. It's a two way street.

i386

Captain

I'm sure they would be sad that they lost a loved one. I guess they might be mad too. I couldn't really predict where they'd direct their anger. It would vary I'd imagine.

crunch

Commander

Woodrat.... so your solution is to do nothing?... about our open border with Mexico?

As far as your contractor friends, I hope they get caught, then they will be in debt $5000.00 for each illegal (and the real reason they hire illegal aliens is they don't pay workmen comp, or have to match SS deductions) and lose their contractors license, that is if they are licensed at all, which I doubt, speaking as a Licensed Oregon Contractor.

woodrat

Ensign

You think that it is practical or realistic to round up all the illegals and deport them? I would say that we need to big time lean on Mexico to stop encouraging their citizens to come here for work. How that would be done I don't know but I find these absolutist "solutions" that pass for conservative thought these days to be pretty unrealistic. You will never get them all out, and you will never keep them all out, so best to find another way to deal with it. And if you think that getting rid of them all is the solution, I hope then that your plan includes what to do about the jobs that they did. White people don't do stoop labor.

"that is if they are licensed at all, which I doubt, speaking as a Licensed Oregon Contractor."

What? You figure a "liberal" like me couldn't possibly know any licensed contractors? They are both licensed, and if you were to cruise through Oregon busting contractors for using migrant labor, you'd have hardly any licensed contractors left.

So what do you do, Mr. Licensed Contractor, about trying to find white people to do the lowest bracket of work on a jobsite that will show up every day and work like a Mexican? My contractor friends, being a little bit xenophobic themselves, would sure rather hire whitey, since neither of them speak Spanish or care to learn it. They just can't seem to find minimum wage whitey shovel wielders who will work.

The real reason they hire migrants is just what I said: whitey don't like to work. I've been there and I've seen it over and over again. I work for them as a sub, BTW, and pay my own taxes on a schedule C.

ZmOz

Captain

custombycrunch said:
(and the real reason they hire illegal aliens is they don't pay workmen comp, or have to match SS deductions)

Exactly. Nobody hires illegals "cause they show up sober every day".
rolleyes.gif