Drop Shot bass fishing

derwood

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Drop Shot bass fishing

Well Bkelly,<br /><br /> The carolina rig falls into the "frog on lotus style" gung fu. Under the "trojan worm technique" as the " sinking death move".<br /><br />Its an offencive attack that many skilled shoafin monks use with great success. :D <br /><br />I would think that the butterfly loop would be a good loop to use for a drop shot rig. Its a strong loop, kinda a pain in the but to tie though.<br /><br />good luck and good gung fu (tight lines)<br /><br />derwood

crab bait

Captain

to answer your question 495 V..<br />you just gotta be H I M ..!!!<br />NO ONE ELSE CAN DO IT ..!!

pmueller

Petty Officer 3rd Class

bKelly<br />Technically, I think your suggestion would be legal. We are allowed "no more than two lines and no more than four hooks or lures". IF the DNR does not consider a jig head a weight, and ofcourse both hooks are baited, it should pass. May have to give this a try. Thanks.

ebbtide176

Commander

i still get cracked up when i think of his post on the rabid water buffalo :D

bKelly

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks Master Derwood for I am just a young Grasshopper learning the gu foo art of angling,<br />Hum.... Might need to start a new topic: Zen Fishing - Master Derwood<br /><br />PJ57, Im always looking for loopholes, No Im not a lawer, I'm just always try new things. :D <br /><br />Tight Lines and Solid Hooksets :D

DaleT

Chief Petty Officer

bkelly, I found the answer to your suggestion and it's apperars it is legal according to the MiDNR. The explanation as to why is at the following site for anyone who is interested.<br /> Mi. Ruling <br /><br /> Sorry the link didn't work so ignore it I pasted the answer in the other post.

DaleT

Chief Petty Officer

bkelly, I found the answer to your suggestion and it's apperars it is legal according to the MiDNR. The explanation as to why is as follows. "If a hook is fastened to the line, as in the drop-shot rig, no weight may be suspended below that hook. A lure such as a jig fastened in place of the weight is simply a weight with a hook attached. It would be lawful to attach such bait at the end of the line if the upper hook is on a dropper line at least 3 inches long."<br /><br />This was taken from the MiDNR site,

bKelly

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Haaaaa,<br /><br />Michigan Dog on Carpet Gung Fu Style<br /><br />Wise Choice with Jig on bottom :D <br /><br />When you master proper Gung Fu as Master derwood has you to can catch two fish at the same time :D

DaleT

Chief Petty Officer

If only, I think the curse has gone full bore on this end. Alas there is no time to fish, and the boat still not running right. The "honey do" list has grown to be more of a novel. Two weeks off of work and not a day of fishing, maybe this weekend. If so I'll have to try the technique. If I do I'll report back.

bKelly

Petty Officer 2nd Class

DaleT,<br /><br />Good Luck, Honey Do's never end! I am still working on my boat also although I did get i out yesterday since it was rebuilt (outboard). Most dropshot rigs i have seen used a small thin wire hook that is VERY sharp! The baits are usualy finess plastic that are between 3-5". I think I am going to try using a larger plastic and hook though because most of our water is stained and the fish might see it, think i might call it filp shot since I pitch and flip a lot ( I need the gung fu technique for this derwood).

DaleT

Chief Petty Officer

Probably somehing like Great Dane or Bull Mastiff on carpet. <br />The boat just isn't getting full power, haven't had the time to do the diagnostics on it. Took her out three times in May early June and noticed on the third try, first lake that I could open her up on, that it just wasn't getting the power. Like cars, when you buy a used boat you just get somebodyelses problems.

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

"Bull mastif on carpet"....I like it.<br /><br />It's been rummered that master Fishbuster has caught 3 at one time(treible hook..."three headed cobra" technique)<br /><br />Master Crabbait regularly catches them on parts of his tee-shirt ("fruit of the loom" technique)<br /><br />If he can do it with a tee shirt, I will try it with some old underware.....I'll call it "farting fatman technique"...pppppppeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuu!<br /><br />derwood. :D

crab bait

Captain

aahh, derwoodsan,, old monk sayin'..<br />the smellier the bait the better the bait.

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

If i eat a few bowls of beans the night before i can call it the "skidmark technique" :D <br /><br />I could use some old work socks, i am garunteed to get some fat cats with a pair of them. ;) <br /><br />Just as long as the E.P.A. does'nt get wind of it.(joke intended.....ha,ha,ha.) :D <br /><br />Stinkywood.

DaleT

Chief Petty Officer

derwood <br /> I'm sure you've been told this many times, but you are to much. Nearly every post I read of yours I split a seam laughing. Thanks for making this so much fun. I don't think I'm gonna try the skid mark technique though, the boat doesn't always smell great, after all the dead bait. You'ld think by now there would be swimming worms. Oh well that's another plan.

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

Hey DaleT,<br /><br />Your welcom, but all of the other guys deserve the creidt. They drew the picture, I just helped them color a little.<br /><br />So many amazing pepole here.<br /><br />We have fisherman that are Saints (Crabby will give a fish the shirt off his back)<br /><br /> Outlaws (Jb's is always laying low at his hideout......Sailboaty has 5 or 6 names and is currently on the lamb)<br /><br />Class clowns (ME)<br /><br />Holy men (Peterfishbuster is at one with the fish gods)<br /><br />Judges (sailboaty is on the run from Admin5........the long arm of the law)<br /><br />Missonary's (RossJ and Kiwi practice the faith on the other side of the world)<br /><br />These are but just a few.....i don't have time to give all the creidt where its due. ;) <br /><br />I'd better go....my wife is commen this way with that darn pin again. :D <br /><br />Thanks jokerwood.<br /><br />P.S. My wife just said "Your a joker alright. :p " I think shes busten my chops again!

DaleT

Chief Petty Officer

Derwood, <br /> To true I didn't mean to offend any of the others for fear of their different yet equal wraths. You all are equally entertaining, some just have the gift of running with an idea to great lengths.

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

I like to lighten things up a little. fishen is always more fun when your smile'n.<br /><br />The last couple of days have been slow, i guess everybodys out fishen.<br /><br />I wish i was. My boat is busted though.<br /><br />I ripped out 4 rivits in the last storm....not that it was'nt sinking before that.....just not as fast!<br /><br />I've been working for 7 days strait.......gettin a touch of cabin fever.<br /><br />Stircrazywood.

DaleT

Chief Petty Officer

I know the feeling, even if I have to rent a boat or fish from shore I will be going this weekend. Hopefully it goes better than my last few trips. Last trip my father, younger brother and younger sister went out and the only one to catch anything other than sunbern was my sister, 14 inch pre-season Large Mouth Bass. Maybe she'll be good with the hook and line style of fun. I can only hope.

bKelly

Petty Officer 2nd Class

derwood,<br /><br />Could you shed some light on the zaa-bee-daa grubb? is it a s/water rig<br /><br />Also how do you tie the butterfly knot?<br /><br />I am mastering the "bouncing monkey style gung fu". I took my wife bass fishing for her first time.<br /><br />Well she caught the first fish and the biggest of the day ( 5 lbs.) she was very happy :) <br /><br />Well she is hooked now. :) I better develope my bouncing monkey style gung fu, as soon as my boat gets fixed :mad: