V-20 Step Hull

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant
Finally another Wellcraft site...........Welcome friends, any other Step Hull owners here?....

moderator1

Lieutenant Commander
Re: V-20 Step Hull

21ft cuddy, late 70's vintage...been a good piece of equipment. 305 carb jobber for power..

Perfidiajoe

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow, first time I've come across this. Hey there Blu Lunch, I've got a '77 V-20 Step Lift Cuddy. I see a lot of them here on Long Island, both Cuddy's & CC's.

GatorMike

Ensign

99 19' CC here. Not near the boat my old 20' Proline was but it's been a pretty good boat anyway. Just miss that old Proline.

wyeknot

Cadet

I just picked up a '85 V 20 with a '95 150hp merc. It seems to be a great boat and it takes the waves out here on the north fork of Long Island well.

cobburn

Recruit

I have an 1989 (anniv. edition) with a 5.7 mercruiser. Never even heard of this but til i saw it one day and now i own it. I sure don't regret buying it. I think wellcrafts are great boats that are underestimated by some. For a twenty foot boat, my passengers feel really safe in 4-5 seas. if this was my 18ft. cobia we would have sank! (not saying much bad about the cobia) but i love my step lift. the 5.7 is a great addition. what more can you want?? can't wait til the spring!

f_inscreenname

Commander

Good luck with it cobburn and welcome to iboats. <br />I am sure this spring will be a blast!

edgutgesell

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have an 84 V-20 Steplift cuddy with a 150 Yamaha 2 stroke. I have been out in the Delaware Bay and offshore in some very snotty weather and it performed extremely well. <br /><br />I do have a leaky fuel tank problem that needs to be fixed asap. 60 gallon replacement tanks for a V20 are hard to come by. Custom made tanks are very expensive. I need a solution by the end of winter. <br /><br />I am restoring all of the teak doors and other teak trim which I think will make my boat stand out from all of the new Tupperware boats. I am also having a custom rocket launcher built that will be just aft of the bimini top.

BeenThere

Cadet

YES, My name is Don and I'm a Wellcraft owner. Sound like I just joined AA :) Actually I own a 96 Wellcraft 23' Excel. I LOVE THIS BOAT!!! It is a great fishing machine. Last year I upgraded it with a 30" platform engine bracket. I'm looking forward to many more years of companionship with this boat.<br /><br />Don

Duug

Cadet

Just bought a '77 V20 I found listed in the classified adv here. It's in excellent shape, clean hull, smooth non smokin' motor (inline 6). I've been adding a few doodads, GPS, radios, ect. Lookin' forward to many hours out in the Ocean fishing. :) <br />I hava question for you wiser than I guys.<br /> Any advantage to adding one'o those dolphin fins to the outdrive? Same with trim tabs. :confused: TIA

Foolish

Recruit

Just picked up a 93 23sl Cuddy with a 5.7 DP<br />nice looking a quick boat ...

layne4

Cadet

Bought a sweet 200XL cuddy last fall, been cleaning and polishing all winter, can't wait to get it out!

skmag357

Cadet

I am looking at a 77 V-20 Step CC. Can anyone give the pros and cons of this boat? Also could you tell me things that are or will go wrong with it? let me know. thanks.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

I love mine they are classics. Fast, stable, and handles like a sports car. What I dont like was they changed the interior in 77 I love the old style and watch out for rotten tramsons and soft floors, they are very fixable. I cant say enough on these I LOVE MINE.....1st pc 77 look at the differance between the 74 Pic 2 pic 3 mine......

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

77-v20.jpg
74-v-20.jpg
PDR_0004-11_1.jpg

dpfundst

Seaman

skmag357 said:
I am looking at a 77 V-20 Step CC. Can anyone give the pros and cons of this boat? Also could you tell me things that are or will go wrong with it? let me know. thanks.

A buddy of mine has a '79 V-20 Step CC, it is still running strong; heavy hull, goes through most stuff

v20belowme

Cadet

I have an 84 V-20 Steplift cuddy with a 150 Yamaha 2 stroke. I have been out in the Delaware Bay and offshore in some very snotty weather and it performed extremely well. <br /><br />I do have a leaky fuel tank problem that needs to be fixed asap. 60 gallon replacement tanks for a V20 are hard to come by. Custom made tanks are very expensive. I need a solution by the end of winter. <br /><br />I am restoring all of the teak doors and other teak trim which I think will make my boat stand out from all of the new Tupperware boats. I am also having a custom rocket launcher built that will be just aft of the bimini top.

did you ever find a tank for your boat ,,,,,ijust bought a 86 v20fisherman and i have a leaky tank, any help from anyone would be appreciated

wbpugs

Recruit

Yep Just Had A 77 Given To Me In Very Good Condition Thinking Of A 150 For Power Think That Should Be Good