1979 Starcraft Holiday16 closed bow

Daltonxj

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello all,

I just purchased a '79 Starcraft aluminum measures 18' 5" from tip to back on engine. need to find some info on it, like what seats looked like, side panels, dash, rear seat, ect. ect. ect. want to restore it close to original. any help would be great.

Daltonxj

washed.jpg

Last edited:

Daltonxj

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: New to a Starcraft

pics after a little cleaning of trash and junk out of it.
picked this up for $200 towed for 100 mile without a flaw. need to replace everything in it transom, no seats, has johnson 70 seahorse on rear, dash, floor, side panels, and anything else that comes up.

heres my pics link

Last edited:

Bifflefan

Commander

there are a million posts in this section with plenty of pics. also there is a guy on here that has lots of original brochures.
Make a post with your boat in the title and say looking for ??????? pics and such.

Daltonxj

Petty Officer 1st Class

cool thanks

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Great looking boat, welcome to the club.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1979 Satrcraft Holiday16 closed bow

Man that rig look rough but for $200 I think you got a sweet deal! And you can surly fix her up to look new if ya like! Nice work man!!!

Welcome to iboats and the Starcraft brotherhood:D

Huron Angler

Admiral

Welcome to the Starcraft club Daltonxj:)

I too have a '79 SC tin can that's gold/yellow in color. They are nice boats and well worth restoring.

Good luck with the rig!

North Beach

Commander

Dalton,
Welcome to iboats and the gang!

That boat looks very restorable to me. Heck, someone's done half the demo work for you. I don't know squat about the OB motor, but looks like you got most of what you need there boat wise.

What are the mill finished sheet metal box looking things laying in the back of the boat? Part of the splashwell maybe?

Did you get a couple peices of sheetmetal that looks like these?
WW11.jpg

WW12.jpg

They go on top of the deck and then the wood goes on like this
WW16.jpg

Just a couple shots of how it goes together FYI.

Here's a link to all the current and past resto threads. Do some reading and you'll be on your way:D
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=385090

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Oh man NB! You gave him THE link! He'll be reading for months to come! Well, at least he'll know everything he needs to know about rebuilding that rig!

Cheers!

North Beach

Commander

HaHa! That link will make you a POOR MAN:p

Daltonxj

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yep got those and the aluminum steps, I think the only things missing are the seats and all the wood floor LOL

Thank for all the links guys.

Had to call reinforcement to help pull the johnson 70 off!
IMG_4249.jpg

pulled out the old transom wood today! did'nt see to much damage except rotted wood!
transom.jpg

transom2.jpg

transom4.jpg

Last edited:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Welcome to the club! Looks very similar to my Jupiter. Link to that thread below. Looks you're on the right track resto-wise.

Daltonxj

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well I got some good news today. P.O. called he has found all the original books, Brosures, owners manual, full repair manual for starcraft(not sure what it all contains but curios), and repair manual for Johnson 70, and of corse the most important of all the lost title (Thank God for that one), and some other stuff he is going to send me that went with the boat hope it the original top canvase. He said he needed to get a big box for it all. :D

Didn't get much done today. looked for info on how to remove the steering wheel. can't seem to figure it out. but found out how the seats work. without even having any. have all the hinges an I think all the rails. sure could use a pic to see how they are setup on the Back-to-Back Lounge style seats.

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

You undress these girls they all look alike. I see some really neat work shops out there.

redjet703

Cadet

It looks just like my 1976 16' starcraft holiday. They are even the same color. As far as I can tell mine is all original. Floor, paint, transom, motor etc. I was lucky, the pevious owner kept her so well I am not willing to restore her yet. I am having too much fun using her. If you need specific photos of anything I would be glad to help.

Good Luck and welcome to the club.
Redjet703

Huron Angler

Admiral

Well I got some good news today. P.O. called he has found all the original books, Brosures, owners manual, full repair manual for starcraft(not sure what it all contains but curios).

Cool, glad he called back:D

Please let us know what's in the Starcraft manual, we have a '79 brochure in the starcraft forums...but we've always wondered what the manufacturer's manuals had to say about these old rigs;) (probably stuff we already know)

Daltonxj

Petty Officer 1st Class

A pic I need is one of how the seats look and work mine don't have any just all the hinges and I think the rails that they wher on. and a pic of the steps in the front my whole dash was pretty much decintigrated in the middle.

any pic of the interior would be great.

Daltonxj

Petty Officer 1st Class

i'll see what condition it in and try to get it in pdf format it may take awhile but i'll get it done..and the brosures as well...