71' Offshore-V 18 - Prize Catch

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class
Test patch seems to be holding up after curing 4 days. I tried kicking it and scuffing it with my boots and it stayed. I put less on the other patch and it came up too easy but the smaller patch I put loads of adhesive on and I think that it will hold up.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I think it'll be good to go.

I know you're laying the main deck down in one section. Are you going to be wrapping any deck sections down the road?

Decals are going to look nice :thumb:

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class
I think it'll be good to go.

I know you're laying the main deck down in one section. Are you going to be wrapping any deck sections down the road?

Decals are going to look nice :thumb:

yes, just a little bit more. Seat boxes getting some and a piece by the transom as far as I have planned

MD28

Petty Officer 1st Class
Decals will be nice. If you could just send those my way that would be great:laugh:. They cost a lot online it seems. Glad the 77 works because i just used it too.

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class
Decals will be nice. If you could just send those my way that would be great:laugh:. They cost a lot online it seems. Glad the 77 works because i just used it too.

Oh ya! I just went to your build and I was like :) How many cans did you use on your deck? Even the super 77 costs $16 per can here. The 3m 80 or 90 is double or more :noidea:
My pal here has a printer and can make any decal you can want. He would have charged $30 or $40 for these but he owed me a favour.

MD28

Petty Officer 1st Class
For my nautolex on the deck I used a water based glue I ordered from Rochester Supply. I think I can mention their name here because I don’t think Iboats sells Nautolex. If not maybe a moderator can strike their heinous name from this post. It was a gallon tub they recommended for glueing to wood. For Aluminum they recommended a different glue. I tested the glue I bought for the deck on some scrap aluminum and it didn’t hold well. So I tested contact cement and it held really well, and it is cheap. I used contact cement on the consoles as well as long as it didn’t have batting under it. The contact cement can be tricky though because it adheres on umm...contact. If you use it wait for it to dry on both surfaces or it bubbles real bad. I don’t know how it will work for such a large surface as a deck. You could try putting a barrier between the surfaces and pull it out when you have the Nautolex all lined up. I used red rosin paper for the bow triangle and it worked well.

Id like to do decals but I’m going to just focus on things that get her back on the water for now. I’ll worry about style points later. Summer will be here soon ya know!

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class
View attachment y4m7JQWyzs9Bex-xSLWwnky2VAeNwwamUEIGjEyHr9gWRRI2QT6LsQBmb9NYNt4GB9hXUrSVytAvStcq5UII8ooTKZv0J6_uPL5X So I did manage to get the deck installed. I used large flange rivets to attach to the stringers all around edges and screws everywhere else. Also doubled the 5/8 ply for under the seats and the seams where the plywood lines up. As well I sandwiched some leftover aluminum between the plywood where the pedestal seats are going. The aluminum was actually from my 66 Darts original bow. The guy who chopped the Darts bow made it into a bench seat. View attachment y4md5zAISGeoVAGgz14y6pt8jrK2uW7X_McrV3CKnIMh6d_YZ_c1uNdk69cUtU3WYQe-R5PdPFABxjqG2akVS9_9BCZXM4K9wxYGView attachment y4mFAii4UakwizexMnaE6U7FlHe32RcZGtnU34Yvxgxj_C4Q9WYPyvp4IjmL-vwM6yrC2SoYFVsrM-uMuhuQh9LZZf1xOALpkOwCView attachment y4mfQByOs-lyBL8vqffs6MVeisxJUggK_3t-8FgNo9lE8QPoEkXce8hlL3rzDIob5ddvND_fr9DqAlRQYDaRPPUAQQuSH7dFmZPC

Watermann

Nice fit and it looks like your decking will be super solid :thumb:

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
looking sweet!!! you're right about where I am with some final fixings. It wont be long now knezzer !!

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class
View attachment y4md1zZoXO-5PPl2VPV6-vQd2gox6hQj9lZ0oWkn0br8_g1inO26_tv3C_-nXvs41cU8qlMGMYnxr59c6z2rrx1UBbMiTagXeeX9 Howdy folks ! Been a busy summer for me and have finally got around to some progress on project "Prize Catch". Painted the gunnels. Installed the transom. Got a big tube of the 3m5200, that should do it eh? Getting the deck finished so I can start actually putting everything back into place. I purchased a gallon of adhesive from the place I bought my seats and vinyl from. I did not want to use the 3m77 for the vinyl decking as I didn't trust it. I have to spray it on, should be fun.

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Nice progress and looking good! Nice re-power too! I see a splash in the very near future....

Watermann

The control wiring/cables and steering will need to be up in the gunnels due to where they come out to make the attachments.

Nice progress, decking and motor install makes me think you're getting close to a shakedown cruise.