Post a pic of your Silverline!

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander
I know there are a few of us Silverline owners out there so I thought we could post up some pics of our beauties!

Alright I'll go first. 1973 22' Silverline Grand Bahama.

IMG_2272-1.jpg

IMG_2271-1.jpg

IMG_2270-1.jpg

southkogs

Staff member
Re: Post a pic of your Silverline!

Well, you knew I'd pile on, eh?

Need to get some better pictures next year. Spent most of this year cleanin'. 1972 Comoro 17T.
Comoro 2.jpg
Comoro 1.jpg

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

Looks good Erik, I really like those comoro's. Silverline made some good looking tri-hulls.

southkogs

Staff member

Thanks Andrew. I've heard some say there's nothing particular about the Silverlines (just another of the many 70's fiberglass builders). But I've really gotten to like the boat I have. And reading about the different lines Silverline produced, and hearing from other owners - I think it's a pretty good line of old boats to play with. Of course, I'm a little "geeky" about old boats ...

I don't know about your Bahama, but on my Comoro there is noise dampening foam ALL OVER. The boat is really quiet on the water.

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

I got all my deck out today and there is a bunch of foam under there. One thing I have read and noticed during my teardown is that the hulls are hand laid with heavy roving making them very strong. I havn't had the boat out on the water as it has some structural issues to deal with but the PO said it rode really nice.

southkogs

Staff member

Mine runs real nice - it's heavy, and you can tell when underway that the power plant is pushing a bunch of weight. But ultimately it makes for a very nice smooth ride. When she's anchored, I can stand on the gunwale and the boat doesn't really list that much (comparative to say my folks 2001 Bayliner Capri 19') ... and I ain't light.

Hear the song playing? "She's a brick ... house! ..."

Xpinero

Cadet

Hello, I'm a first time boat owner and it happens to be a 1971 Silverline Comoro 16.5ft. It still needs some work but I'm loving it.

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

southkogs

Staff member

Welcome aboard Xpinero!

I really like my Comoro ... it's laid out really nicely and is incredibly stable in the water. The cost is that it's pretty heavy. I think my boat is "next year's version" of your boat. Are you planning on doing a full restore?

You might also find THIS interesting if you didn't know about it.

Xpinero

Cadet

Hey southkogs thanks for the welcome,
you know I really want to get the boat in the water and run it around and see how it feels and perform... I really like the layout so it'll probably be a full restore.

southkogs

Staff member

Cool! Keep us posted and put up a bunch of pictures. Check out the building and restore forums ... GREAT stuff over there.

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

Welcome to the forums Xpinero! I really like those comoro's, they look to be a very stable platform. What motor does it have? Looks like you have a volvo penta drive and parts are still available for those so you dodged a bullet there!

Xpinero

Cadet

Thanks boatnut74 for the welcome, the Comoro has a Volvo Penta engine, but the drive says Chrysler although a couple of people have told me it is Volvo.

photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

photo4.jpg

southkogs

Staff member

Chrysler badged Volvo?!? Wow, who knew ... I'm gonna' be completely worthless to you workin' on that thing, bro :facepalm:

Cool look though ... and probably better for a re-power later than getting an OMC. Chrysler's boats were pretty nice, and the outboards were decent for their day. I wonder what kind of reputation these mills have?

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

Chrysler actually made some sterndrives back in the day. I remember vegasphotoman had one on his sleekcraft.

ditchrider

Recruit
My Contribution 76 Silverline Nantucket HTV Hardtop Mercruiser 233hp Project

nantucket HTV starboard.jpg

southkogs

Staff member
Re: My Contribution 76 Silverline Nantucket HTV Hardtop Mercruiser 233hp Project

Re: My Contribution 76 Silverline Nantucket HTV Hardtop Mercruiser 233hp Project

Welcome aboard ditchrider!

Wowzers, that's another big 'un. There's a great restoration forum here on the boards, might be cool for you to do a Silverline Restoration Thread.

ditchrider

Recruit

Nantucket Stern.jpg
interior2.jpg
USCG Tag.jpg
22' Nantucket starboard.jpg
22' Nantucket starboard close.jpg

I got it for next to nothing, its a 76 Silverline Nantucket 22HTV aka HVT or VHT. Hardtop with Cuddy Cabin. The boat is in excellent shape, one ding in the rub rail starboard. Has a stove, fridge(12v), Porta-potty, Dinette, Fresh water system with sink, Remote control searchlight, Full width teak swim deck, power trim, aluminum trim tabs(i think thats what they are), had a bar, has closed cooled 233hp mercruiser 351w. She's on a 76 Caulkins tandem axle roller trailer, and her 4000lb hull dry weight is hardly noticeable.

I actually traded an engine/trans (318/727 dodge) out of a pickup that went to the recycler for it. Basicly cost me the time to pull the engine/trans, drive it 150 miles away, hook up and go...plus gas! I was told the sterndrive was ok, prop was bad, and engine was blown up...otherwise it was good.

Engine was rusted tight, so i pulled it (dont drink and pull engine on a boat this big with no experience lol). Had to beat/break the last end bolt on one manifold, it had rusted to the manifold, so it wouldnt turn, that was a royal pain! Beat it with sledge, ground head off to get some PB Blaster in it...used cold chisel to split manifold along bolt line...didnt work, so reefed on the manifold till the bolt finally snapped!

Long story short, this is my first boat, so far it's cost me 250 in gas and 8 hours labor/driving. Risers are where leak came from, manifolds actually are looking pretty good, sound solid too (So there all you closed system haters!). She's a Flathead Lake Girl so no salt. Block is shot though, been rebuilt twice and now rust got her bad. I'm Ebaying like crazy to pay for a used roller block that runs, risers, and maybe manifolds and a megasquirt.

Stay tuned lol

ditchrider

Recruit

Welcome aboard ditchrider!

Wowzers, that's another big 'un. There's a great restoration forum here on the boards, might be cool for you to do a Silverline Restoration Thread.

Sounds like a challenge! Will do, I Haven't seen hardly any 22 foot hardtops from silverline on google, hopefully my pics will give others hope lol.
It might turn into a serious mod job, I'm planning on maximizing fuel effeciency with the Megasquirt system, either with a Ford MFI manifold/fuel rail or swapping on a GM TBI I have laying around first to be a cheapskate and use the factory manifold. Not sure what difference center rise manifolds will make, but they may not clear the Ford MFI Intake. Ill keep the D0OE Heads as they are close to gt40s, more folks here should know that, would save a lot of money/broken dreams for very little gain.

I was lucky too, this thing spent the majority of its life in climate controlled storage.

Thanks for the welcome!

southkogs

Staff member

...Stay tuned lol

Check out boatnuts restoration thread. He's got a Grand Bahama going ... it's the boat at the top of the thread. Did you get on the Silverline owners site?

Xpinero

Cadet

Hey Ditchrider... Thats one good looking boat