show your aristocraft pics

Ricks Project

Seaman Apprentice
Re: show your aristocraft pics

I hope it's a good one...I won the auction. We're going to pick it up in April. Anybody need a slightly used 1968 8-teen hull? I'm hoping I can get the engine running from my original project boat, with parts from the New Jersey boat to put in the Deleware boat. I have 2 hard tops to choose from that will really make the boat look good. I'm not sure how I like the Desert Tan color but now know that it was one of the colors you could pick (for 80 bucks more) from the stock turquois color.

ziggy

Admiral

way to go rp....

on the color, at least turquois or tan makes it easier to come up with some colors for seat replacement or carpet replacement. i've been looking for carpet and upholstery since i got my boat 4 or so years ago. i've never come up with any good color match for either or. i'm close to needing something too. trying to make it last, but i think the writing is on the wall...

meantobe63

Seaman

I recently got my Aristocraft Funliner and was looking to invest in getting a windshield made for it. Mine is in ok shape, no real cracks, just little hairline ones and glass is very hazy. I have talked to a couple shops and I'm looking at around $1500 for 1 windshield and the mold. Once they have the mold, the glass will be way cheaper. I was wondering how many people would be interested in something like this? If there's enough interest, then I will get the ball rolling sooner than later.

Thanks.

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer

I might be wrong, but - I think you can still buy them direct from Aristocraft. Check their website to be sure. I'd hate to drop that kind of change only to find out they still had some NOS for less.

marvinjansen

Petty Officer 1st Class

IMG_0212.jpg

I finally felt confident enough to take out company and they enjoyed the ride.

marvinjansen

Petty Officer 1st Class

They have the 19 winshield set (3 pieces) for $250 plus shipping.

Last edited:

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander

I was another proud Aristocraft owner from 1974 until 1981--1969 model with 140 hp Mercruiser. My uncle had one with the 165 hp Mercruiser, and it was even nicer.

I have not seen any of these boats on our lake in many, many years, and I'm glad to see others carry on the brand. I found it to be a very efficient hull, and it would run 42 mph all day long with great fuel usage. The windshield was mounted far forward, which gave the passenger section great legroom.

It'd sure be a good hull to reengine with a 4.3 Mercruiser. I think V-8's would just be too large/heavy for the hull.

last930

Cadet

Let me know what you find on new windshields for a Funliner - I would be interested in one too.

1968 Eighteen Pics

1968 Eighteen Pics

Haven't posted in a while... thought I'd show some pics. She still lives!

Attachments

• Musky River 036.jpg
    Musky River 036.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Musky River 008.jpg
    Musky River 008.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Musky River 040.jpg
    Musky River 040.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Musky River 024.jpg
    Musky River 024.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 5

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey guys, It's been a while since I posted,but I haven't forgot ya. Thought I'd share a few pics plus a pitiful video of my 63 Funliner we took yesterday morning on Badin Lake in N.C. I hope you enjoy.

ziggy

Admiral

very nice eighteen gotchacoverd. love the all aqua color... AristoCraft sure did have some very nice colors they used.

thanks for the video luva63, that was fun to watch. looks like she rides like a new boat. looks like a new boat anyways..;)

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks ziggy. A guy around here had a 78 model nineteen for sale a while back. A very nice boat. The only thing was it had the 120 hp. I felt that it was under powered. If it had been equiped like yours, there would have been two Aristo Crafts at my house. BTW, your boat should be on a magazine cover! OUTSTANDING!!

marvinjansen

Petty Officer 1st Class

There is a nice 69 19 in Hueytown, AL on Craigslist for $2300. Second owner, nice seats, runs good. He also has 2 parts boats for sale.

ziggy

Admiral

looks like yer having a great time mj. great photos. i sure do like your blue Nineteen. how ya got them dual horns wired? on the sliding hardtop? sure looks cool. imho. ya need to get yerself that very nice AristoCraft flag. you got the bow light with the flag pole mount. i'm envious. i don't have that. sure wish i did. i'd sure have me the flag, specially since it's available from the oem for a factory flag. anyways. yer boat looks great.
i don't have any great new pics of my boat, but i'm gonna post some of what i got up anyways.

018-1.jpg

out boating by myself...

019-3.jpg

my new port window. the old one broke off in high seas... :rolleyes:

020-2.jpg

030.jpg

that one i posted up before somewhere else on iboats. it was a beautiful eve that night. spent the night on the lake that night too. it was gorgeous.

marvinjansen

Petty Officer 1st Class

Horns are air and have a little compressor that mounts lower. Need to wire it up and get new hose to make it work. Yours always looks like new! Nite on lake super, need to do it on mine now that it's a little cooler down here. Waiting on prop parts so went sailing yesterday. Wind died and used British Seagul outboard to motor back. Nice day on lake. Last weekend pulled skier better with prop on 18 and rebuilt carb. Replaced all gas lines and fuel tank hoses with marine USCG approved. Still taking in some water somewhere. Sealed around drive and suspect leak may be exh bellows forward clamp. Will check when winterizing.

NCRangie

Recruit

I recently got my Aristocraft Funliner and was looking to invest in getting a windshield made for it. Mine is in ok shape, no real cracks, just little hairline ones and glass is very hazy. I have talked to a couple shops and I'm looking at around $1500 for 1 windshield and the mold. Once they have the mold, the glass will be way cheaper. I was wondering how many people would be interested in something like this? If there's enough interest, then I will get the ball rolling sooner than later.

Thanks.

I'd like a new (NOS?) one, too. I've thought about using the 9teen windshield or another generic, but prefer the lines of the Funliner windshield. I know I'm late to the party, but any news on getting the ball rolling? Cheers,