So, what did you do today?

MRS

Commander
Got my new pontoon and took it out today windy windy windy but getting it dialed in plus caught three stripers and lost three. When first got there wind was not blowing ran motor for a hour to brake in then the wind kicked in fun day any how.

Attachments

• photo302822.jpg
    photo302822.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 0

82rude

Rear Admiral
Message:NOAA-NWS-ALERTS-WI125AC1E0AD34.LakeshoreFloodWatch.125AC1F1DCD0WI.DLHCFWDLH.3e9453c5bd5bf47bd3f3f5d0bba22608
from​
w-nws.webmaster@noaa.gov
Sent:03:37 CDT
on​
10-09-2018
Effective:22:00 CDT
on​
10-09-2018
Expires:16:00 CDT
on​
10-10-2018
Event:Lakeshore Flood Watch
Alert:
...Potential Lakeshore Flooding from Large Waves Tonight and Wednesday... .Strong northeast winds will develop over western Lake Superior tonight into Wednesday afternoon with the potential for powerful storm- force wind gusts to 50 knots. These winds will cause large waves over western Lake Superior that will crash on the shoreline with waves of 12 to 16 feet. The waves could be big enough to cause damage to the shoreline. The water level of Lake Superior is quite high, making the shoreline more prone to getting damage from waves. ...LAKESHORE FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON... * LAKE SHORE FLOODING...Areas of the North and South Shores of western Lake Superior, including Two Harbors, the Duluth and Superior areas, and Ashland. * TIMING...This evening through Wednesday afternoon. * IMPACTS...Damage is possible to shoreline infrastructure, such as to harbors, beaches, lake walkways, and roads near the shore.
Instructions:A Lakeshore Flood Watch means that conditions favorable for lakeshore flooding are expected to develop. Residents on or near the shore should take action to protect property...and listen for later statements or warnings.
Target Area:
Ashland
Bayfield
Douglas
We are getting it to. Had enough of flooding around here the last couple years

Waves hit 20 plus with 50 foot spays in some areas.On our end of superior in the Soo it was very windy also with 75 mm of rain and major highways washed out .

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
The new shrink wrap rolls are 18' x 330' nt. Wt. 200lbs.

FML I am a one horse show and trying to load these into the rack is gonna hurt me.

might be time to weld up a moveable gantry crane.

southkogs

Staff member
Long haul from the gulf back up to the tundra ... 'specially when you're pullin' a trailer.

I've made the run from Nashville to San Antonio in a single day, and I've done it from Nashville to Minneapolis towing a baby grand piano in a trailer. It's a looooooooooooooong day.

Hope you're home safe and rested WIM.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
He kogs, just pull into about the only campground left open just north of Madison, nite 2. The whole way thru IL it was about 40mph sustained winds. Got 6mpg towing. Got allot of gas in IL... Lol

Have the heater blasting, its a whole 32deg. Home tomorrow!

southkogs

Staff member
LOL ... hurricane to no'reaster ... to snow to your hips ... That's a weekend :rolleyes:

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Today I found out that the crock pot has a curious quirk...

Apparently you dont just turn it on after building your pot roast supper in it...

It seems I must also remember to plug the darn thing in!

Guess we'll be eating a late supper...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Yup. I love a good 50 deg swing, kogs. Now i need to winterize the trailer today so nothing freezes. Just got home early afternoon today. Where did the leaves go?

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Raked the yard, burned up the leaves/stick's. Proceeded to mow the lawn with my self propelled walk behind. Hit a root, stopped the mower dead in it's track's. Restarted it just fine, but the front wheels no longer turn at all. Must have wrecked the gearbox. It's currently on the curb with a free sign on it. It served me well for over 10 years.....new mower come spring I guess.....

southkogs

Staff member
Kayaked the West fork of the Stones River for the first time yesterday. Lived here for nearly 20 years and I've never done that before. A bud of mine invited my son and I to go ...

It's a thin river in places, and there's no doubt why it's name "the Stones" fits. But it was a great time.

Glad you're home WIM. Good luck battening down for winter.

foodfisher

Captain
[QUOTE. It's currently on the curb with a free sign on it. ..... [/QUOTE]

That doesn't work around here. It will just sit there. You put a $25 sign on it and it will get stolen.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Sure is getting nippy out up here in the Soo.Had Ford put my Blizzak winter tires on the awd edge .Now I just wait for a good snowfall so I can hit the steepest hill in town to see how the suv handles it ,lol.From people ive chatted with ,with the snow tires on her its like a tank .I know its great in the sand and mud on the back roads and bush ramps.Im really liking this ford edge .Too bad I live so far away in Ontario Grub id snag the mower and find a good use for the engine.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
I saw a Edge a couple of weeks ago. Looks a little bigger than the Ranger. Might make a good work truck. I know I have had several people wanting to buy our '03 Rannger.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Nippy? Yeah, we have lows in the 20s for some time now...

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Might have spoke too soon. The Weatherperson just announced that after this front goes through; we are suppose to have temps up to 80dg. I'm not going to hold my breath.

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Helped my daughter get her new electrical panels and underground wiring ready for the inspector.

Now I'm focused on preparing my motor home for a week of elk hunting. Haven't decided just where I'll be going but I think I'll try somewhere in the Blue Mountains in SE Washington State.

I hunt mostly alone so I've armed myself with a Spot and an inReach Explorer. I also carry a large day pack with most essentials for surviving a night out there in below freezing temps. I always enjoy the hunting even without shooting anything.