Pic Test

pete j

Petty Officer 2nd Class
WOW I can post pics. Makes it much better when trying to explain things A BIG Thanks to iBOATS:joyous:

Attachments

• photo282437.jpg
    photo282437.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 0

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
WOW I can post pics. Makes it much better when trying to explain things A BIG Thanks to iBOATS:joyous:

Select large when you attach a pic and it shows a nicely sized pic that doesn't clicking on to show any detail.

Try it once, I think you'll like it.

jbcurt00

Staff member
1470322_10151965204523548_604518517_n.jpg

upload attachment and insert image seems to work on my end.....

alldodge

Staff member
Test pic

Empty cach and I don't get the gray out and all stop, but now I get "Upload Unknown Error"

GA_Boater

Stumpalump AllDodge

Forgive me if you guys know this already, better to over explain than skip the step(s) you need.

When you click the battery with a fishhook inside beside the Advanced Editor button, the attachment window is under the message box and under smilies if you have them on. Are you seeing the Upload Attachments button?

AD - You said the screen grayed out - Scroll up and down, I've seen some option windows can be anywhere on a page, especially if its a page with more than a couple of posts.

After the Attach button, the next thing should be the source of the pic. In my case it's a folder on my PC. So select a pic, then Open and after a second or two of churning, the Insert sizes Thumbnail through Remove appear. Pick a size and the pic shows in the message box.

Hope this helps someone.

Thumbnail - Click to enlarge.

34ford.PNG

Medium

34ford.PNG

Large

34sb.PNG

Attachments

• 34ford.PNG
    34ford.PNG
    511.6 KB · Views: 0

GA_Boater

Test pic

Empty cach and I don't get the gray out and all stop, but now I get "Upload Unknown Error"

:facepalm: Dear Lord, give me a bigger hammer!

Anything else with the unknown error? Can you post a pic? Never mind, that's why we're here.

pete j

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just click on the camera looking thing and add pics from my cpu. Funny thing is I posted this in the force forum and now I cant find it. If it was not for the replys I would have thought they trashed it and i still dont know were its posted at its at and I dont know how to do bigger pics yet but very happy I can do any:)

Attachments

• photo282559.jpg
    photo282559.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

GA_Boater

I just click on the camera looking thing and add pics from my cpu. Funny thing is I posted this in the force forum and now I cant find it. If it was not for the replys I would have thought they trashed it and i still dont know were its posted at its at and I dont know how to do bigger pics yet but very happy I can do any:)

Follow the steps in post #9, Pete. The sizing is done after you select a pic to add.

Stumpalump

Chief Petty Officer
I saw no ability at all to adjust size with apple until I posted then went back and hit edit. I selected large and an error popped up. I hit OK then added this text and now I'll hit save to save the edit.

second edit: it's basically an unusable site unless your desperate or have hours to kill. This second edit deleted itself and reloaded for example. Posts time out, reload and disappear. I can't place a photo in the text and compaired to other hobby sites I'd say this forum is basically unusable. Ponder the disappearing restoration thread. Posting is a ton of work here. I got banned last time I mentioned this cause mods are strict but dang this place could make bank if it had an epic forum.

third edit: It still just hangs up and dies until I refresh or back out instead of taking me back to the thread. It needs to go back for confirmation. I'll try and add anouther pic in an edit now. But again I can't place it on this IPad...

Forth edit. The blue button to save stays blue like nothing happened. After a very long time like 60 seconds it goes grey and nothing happens. Finally hit refresh and here we are. All pics at bottom and probably 1/2 hour time to post two pics in the wrong place. I'll spend at least five more just to confirm this edit.

fith edit: Four minutes to confirm my last edit. I think the trick is that I must preview the edit and then hit save? Idk and I'm frustrated and don't know enough to be constructive. I'll throw a third pic for practice.

Attachments

• photo279861.jpg
    photo279861.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo282567.jpg
    photo282567.jpg
    604.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo282568.jpg
    photo282568.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
southkogs may be able to help as a heavy Apple device user, but unusable Stump? I think thats overly pessimistic.

Sorry you've encountered difficulty, but even thru another trying update, plenty of members are posting topics, replies and pix.... Fortunately its a slow period of activity late Nov thru the end of the year, but still lots of traffic, topics and posts, many w pix posted a variety of ways.

Who knows, maybe take a nreak over the long holiday weekend or even til the new year. Maybe a few more tweaks to the update can be done to improve your experience.

But, nope, not unusable...
Jbcurt00 - Click image for larger versionName:	received_10154778897488596.jpegViews:	1Size:	590.9 KBID:	10523961

jbcurt00

Staff member
Post and pix went thru no problems and posted quick, no Working lag

Stumpalump

Chief Petty Officer
its usable if you have an hour to post. That's how long it took my last one. Good thing it's 36 degrees outside. Lol.
An excellent forum will bring you loyal buyers. We all have boats and that means money. I need two coils and a flywheel nut right now. Save 3 bucks or be loyal. Look at the disappearing restorations thread and ponder.

southkogs

Staff member
Took me a couple of minutes to test out. I've actually not posted from my iPad before.

The image above I posted on my iPad. iOS11 / large selection. Whole process from typing the "T" to the time the post was loaded was less than 150 seconds.

[EDIT]
I've been testing off of macOS Sierra and iOS 11 in Safari, Chrome and Firefox and I've had no significant issues. The posting lag just after the "upgrade" was actually no worse than it had been over the last few months.

In macOS for Safari I needed to do a cache clear out in order to get the functionality of the new forum to catch, and at that point posting and editing increased in speed significantly. Chrome and Firefox worked pretty instantly.

In iOS 11 I didn't have to do much of anything. It all seemed to work (as much as I've used it on my mobile stuff) right out of the gate. I haven't done anything except view a few topics on my iPhone.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Post and pix went thru no problems and posted quick, no Working lag

Less then a minute from opening a reply window, typing post, adding pix, hitting post reply and it uploading to forum.

Again if you're frustrated, take a break.....

Good forum equates to loyal customers? Now why didnt iboats admin staff think of that? Their prusuit of forum improvements and earming customers is the only reason they've invested (and alreayd consumed) massive amounts of resources in terms of manpower, computing power and finances. Any suggestion otherwise is foolhardy and shortsighted, 36 degrees outside or not.

EDIT: Using the Dissappearing Restos as a theorem proof is simply false. The difficulties associated w vB updates, both minor and major (like the current one) is way down the list of why so many projects arent posted thru to finish. Time, money, space, experience, tools and difficulty are much more to blame..

Last edited: