New site lettering

Crosbyman

Rear Admiral
is it my eye topics look smaller and faint topic content letter size is smaller

Me... I liked the old type sizes better I ain't got no more money for reading glasses

jmho

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Look at your browser for changing Text Size. For Firefox, it's View - Zoom - Text Only. Then CTRL + to increase and CTRL - to decrease.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Me too, find on this new page that letters are bit smaller with less font intensity compared to the old Iboats page which was used to and liked very much. See if possible to intensify font colot for easy reading and writing. Had to enlarge text to 150% to write this small paragraph. I'm sure more than one will be eternally grateful.

Happy Boating

Last edited:

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
The font is thinner and much harder to see, when viewed at the same sizing or resolution

Kiter007

iboats.com employee
Does anyone know what the old font style and font size were?

At least the forum is a lot faster now.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Extremely difficult to read and the orange is terrible, have to scroll to read the whole page, I don't know this is the correct direction to go, making it more difficult to read and follow is probably not going to work out for the best. But I can really say the orange in this new situation is way more obnoxious than the previous

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
This font is awful... it's bad UX/UI. So is the GIANT sticky header on a tablet in landscape view. But hey, at least I got to change my username with the password reset.

Alumarine

Captain
The speed is nice but the font isn't.
It's fainter, thinner and hard to read.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Its been asked numerous times, but there has been NO decision to change it.

font is way down the list of current problems needing to be resolved asap

JB,

As many know, I own several systems that run on this same exact software, and I can tell you, if we can't read it, then we are not going to make an effort to visit it, being able to read what is going on should be a priority, we can deal with a lot of things, but not being able to read it without putting out the extra effort is not good.

I have gone through some pretty big changes in my time here, but this one is not good, but at least we can access the page this time, the last major update, we could not even access the website for days on end!

LOL

That said, I am surprised that the IT guys seem to be having so much trouble with these upgrades, they are not difficult.

jbcurt00

Staff member
JB,

As many know, I own several systems that run on this same exact software, and I can tell you, if we can't read it, then we are not going to make an effort to visit it, being able to read what is going on should be a priority, we can deal with a lot of things, but not being able to read it without putting out the extra effort is not good.

I have gone through some pretty big changes in my time here, but this one is not good, but at least we can access the page this time, the last major update, we could not even access the website for days on end!

LOL

That said, I am surprised that the IT guys seem to be having so much trouble with these upgrades, they are not difficult.

Thanks MT, but functionality has to be 1st and plenty of it is currently not working correctly. Much of it behind the scenes that members cant see, others that Mods cant either, only admin.

But Kiter misspoke, hopefully font will be addressed, just not yet, but they have their hands full. iboats_tim is on 2hrs of sleep, 36hrs in....

NYBo

Admiral
They never fixed some of the problems caused by the last major update, what, 3 1/2 years ago so forgive my lack of optimism about this one.

jbcurt00

Staff member
vB forced some of those changes to be impossible to make.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Okay,

I current run 5 VB websites, including one that has over 1 million members concerning one of the national parks and I am a 2 man crew, it is just my wife and I, and we have never had the problems that seem to occur on the upgrades that I see on here, but as I did last time, I will hang in there, and I am more than willing to help out when ever I can

jbcurt00

Staff member
MT, the iboats forum had extensive customizations that create many (most?) of the problems....

iboats_tim should be seeing your posts

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
MT, the iboats forum had extensive customizations that create many (most?) of the problems....

iboats_tim should be seeing your posts

I hope Tim does see, because I think I might be able to help out a bit with the upgrade. But as I said, I will again hang in as I did before.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
The font is particularly hard to see on a tablet. I’m really coming to dread tyese upgrades...